*NO* Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker 'Dragon's Rage'

djpretzel

Ok here is my remix, the song title is "The Dragon's Rage", my band name is "Unknown Parallel" This songs came from the video game "Legend of Zelda, Wind Waker" If there is any more realevant info you need from me before uploading this song, let me know.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yahoo! for Good

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

The Legend of Zelda ~Takt of Wind~ OST - 38 "Dragon Roost Island"

I'm pretty familiar with the original. Decent MIDI-grade bell/percussion driven intro. Timing is somewhat off, and the samples usage sucks. Dr. Fruitcake could probably make them work. I've certainly heard Mazedude hook it up with those same sounds in "Slalomcide".

Geetar shreddage come it at :40, along with some drums that just sound like they're smashing things at :47. It's comical how badly this combination of sounds doesn't work. Total mismatch of styles.

The sound balance is all off and the sound quality of the belltones doesn't match the distortion of the guitar, plus the timing still sounds off. It's a mere 2:04, and like "A Nightmare Before Christmas" gone horribly, horribly wrong.

NO

This is chaotic in almost all degrees, during the busier sections of the mix. The timing all sounds off. The guitar, drums, chromatic bell/percussion all sound off not only compositionally but texturally - they just don't fit. It's a shame too though, cause I love all the chromatic bell type instruments here. This needs a lot of work, more than we have time to go detail by detail. I suggest you post this or your other works in our WIP/Completed for OCR Mixes forum. Keep at it, I'd really love to hear this with more polish.

NO

• 4 weeks later...
It's comical how badly this combination of sounds doesn't work.

Truer words have not been spoken. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but this piece really just made me want to just shut off my speakers. The guitar, bells, steel drums, and sloppy percussion sounded like they were all being played by a very angry group of incredible hulks. You know, "Hulk Smash?" Like that.

The timing and balance of everything is really bad. It's so chaotic and unorganized.

NO