Sonic CD: Temporal Duality - History

SuperiorX

Just curious about getting the official OCR seal of approval and having this possibly released through the site. At what point would we find out if this project is going official, if at all?

Being official OCR and released through the site is definitely the plan, and the sooner we get official, the better. From my understanding (and from reading the sticky guidelines and talking to others), I'll just need to submit the project information to the mods to evaluate and approve. Given the fact that the album has an overarching theme, numerous posted (or to-be-posted) remixers, and a full tracklist, I don't anticipate many problems there. As for timing, I just need to find out if they prefer to hear some WIPs first (to ensure quality), or if seeing the mixers & tracklist is enough. I'm going to be looking into that very soon. Thanks!

and @Jordanius: that's an awesome album title idea hah :razz:

Edited by SuperiorX

[19:11] <@djpretzel> we need a sonic CD album that arranges both the USA & Japanese soundtracks

[19:12] <Bahamut> haha there's one that just started

[19:12] <Bahamut> http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41757

I'm FULLY behind this effort - here's hoping everyone involved blows it out of the water!

Thanks djp! Hey you should claim the

. I'll be flexible on my deadlines for you ;-)

I was thinking some more about the project title, and I was wondering if maybe we should use the word "dichotomy" somewhere... like "Dimensional Dichotomy"

Hmm yeah I kinda like that idea too. I came up with "Temporal Distortions" the other day too, cause I thought it had a nice ring to it, and it implies ripples in time and multiple timelines existing at the same time (i.e., past, present, futures; 2 different soundtracks, etc.).

And hey a couple things for people turning in WIPs:

1. Please provide a very basic breakdown of your source usage (especially important if you are using Past, Present, & Future sources) to help differentiate between original stuff and more liberal usage vs. more conservative source usage
  2. No one has done this yet, but please don't host your WIP here in the forums or on a public access site (your soundcloud page). Use something with a dedicated link like box, dropbox, tindeck, or a private soundcloud link. Thanks!

:
  1. Please provide a very basic breakdown of your source usage (especially important if you are using Past, Present, & Future sources) to help differentiate between original stuff and more liberal usage vs. more conservative source usage
    This is probably because of me, because not only did I use all three time zones, but I also used themes from other Sonic games :-P

Hey so I've noticed for some of the US past themes (Such as mine, Palmtree Panic) its basically just another version of the JP theme. Should we shy away from using those in our mixes? I'll probably be using mostly Good Future or Present but I just wanna clarify.

Yeah all the Past themes in the US soundtrack are identical to the JP Past themes, so those need to be reserved for the JP soundtrack remixes only. So yeah please don't use those in your US mixes. That is noted in the "Additional Song Info" section of the first post too. Thanks for checking!

O rly? YOU came up with it, huh? ;)

heh heh, well that particular mix didn't occur to me, but I guess it is a rather common phrase :< It is a referenced scientific phenomena as well :-P. "Temporal Dualities" could be a cool name too.

Yeah all the Past themes in the US soundtrack are identical to the JP Past themes, so those need to be reserved for the JP soundtrack remixes only. So yeah please don't use those in your US mixes. That is noted in the "Additional Song Info" section of the first post too. Thanks for checking!

I need to lern2read. :<

Cool beans. Excellent beans.

I hope everyone here in the States is having a nice holiday... just a friendly reminder, our first WIP check-in date is just about a week away (December 1st). I'd like to hear an initial outline for your song. It doesn't need to be super well-developed just yet, but enough to get an idea of the style & structure that you're going for. I know quite a few of you have already reached out to me about not being able to have anything by that time due to other previous album commitments and holiday stuff, so please PM me if you think you won't make so I know. Like I've said earlier, I'm going to be pretty flexible on this stuff, cause I understand life happens, I just ask that people stay in contact.

In other news - I'm still pondering album titles although I am liking Temporal Dualities or Temporal Distortions quite a bit. Thanks!

Edited by SuperiorX

Look out fellas! Just got some sick vocals from King Tiger up in here. Time to start mixing phase 2!

EDIT: What I have is leading right into where Wildfire's vocals will likely be once I get them *hint hint*

I can't wait to hear this WIP 8-)

Meanwhile, I've got like 3 different versions of my track going. I have a really solid minute and a half and then each version branches off somewhere different - none of which are really impressing me at the moment hah.

Meanwhile, I've got like 3 different versions of my track going. I have a really solid minute and a half and then each version branches off somewhere different - none of which are really impressing me at the moment hah.

yea i know that feeling. 8)

love the game, love the music, love being on this album, love OCR, love spencer....platonically. And..... i'll get something...sooner or later.

EDIT: just thought i'd ask. Will the remixers for this album be getting a forum sig? Maybe one with their zone on it? I only ask because i have no talent for that kind of thing. :)

Edited by Garpocalypse