The Phantom Pain aka Metal Gear Solid V

Global-Trance

Assuming you two aren't kidding, check this thread out: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503254

It's Kojima being Kojima, and trying to be secretive about things, even though it's completely obvious. I mean, it's Big Boss/Solid Snake in the trailer for crying out loud!

Ah I didn't know all that was there but I did make a single image to show the connections I picked up. Pretty much sums up that thread.

tppmgs5.jpg

Please tell me where this image came from, I really hope it's from the VGA's website, it's hilarious.

Other than that, I'm pretty surprised they tried to disguise it with this much effort. Of course the website for Moby Dick Studios looks barren.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Big Boss have a robotic arm in Metal Gear one or two?

They slipped the "No escape" tagline in from the MGS4 advertisements too, but as a question this time.

Following this train of thought, and in light of Bleck's posted GIF reveal of the logo (damn, that's actually kind of clever) I like that they stuck with the theme of revenge by naming the studio after one of the quintessential tales of vengeance. I'm wondering though, this being a metal gear game, why there are whales jumping through the scenery and fiery unicorns rampaging in the halls?

Following this train of thought, and in light of Bleck's posted GIF reveal of the logo (damn, that's actually kind of clever) I like that they stuck with the theme of revenge by naming the studio after one of the quintessential tales of vengeance. I'm wondering though, this being a metal gear game, why there are whales jumping through the scenery and fiery unicorns rampaging in the halls?

There appears to be a little (young) Psycho Mantis in two scenes (one being the very last one) which would pretty much answer that, and goes along with the theory that the main guy is big boss.

If it wasn't already obvious, Joakim is an anagram of Kojima. As for Mogren, it might be Morgen, Gromen, Gremon or something else. Couldn't really tell you. To be honest, I didn't realize this was something out of left field. It looks pretty cool anyway. I do, however, find it ironic that there was a giant whale in the video towards the end, and well, it's a giant white whale. So... Take it as you will, but I agree that this video is a parody as well as a sign of something much bigger.

If that's indeed Big Boss and Solid Snake, then I think we're in for an interesting treat.

Edit

Rather... not Solid Snake. I don't know who the second person is now that I see other images. After looking at the NeoGAF forum linked on the first page of this thread, I honestly couldn't tell you who that is.

I can say though that I am interested in this now.

Oh, and here's the video for MGS: Ground Zeroes.

If it wasn't already obvious, Joakim is an anagram of Kojima. As for Mogren, it might be Morgen, Gromen, Gremon or something else. Couldn't really tell you. To be honest, I didn't realize this was something out of left field. It looks pretty cool anyway. I do, however, find it ironic that there was a giant whale in the video towards the end, and well, it's a giant white whale. So... Take it as you will, but I agree that this video is a parody as well as a sign of something much bigger.

If that's indeed Big Boss and Solid Snake, then I think we're in for an interesting treat.

Edit

Rather... not Solid Snake. I don't know who the second person is now that I see other images. After looking at the NeoGAF forum linked on the first page of this thread, I honestly couldn't tell you who that is.

I can say though that I am interested in this now.

Oh, and here's the video for MGS: Ground Zeroes.

Mogren... better seen as mOGREn. OGRE was the name of the project that Kojima was working on with the new FOX engine. He also denied that OGRE was MGS Ground Zeroes.

Can only think of Epica.

Also, is it just me or are those graphics pretty shitty compared to most new releases? I don't own any modern consoles so I'm probably not the best person to judge, but compared to what I've seen...

I get the feeling that this is going to be on both PS3 and Vita from the looks of it. And potentially a version on Xbox 360 (just so the fanboys don't bitch).

Edit

Apparently Kojima was not thrilled about the OGRE/MGS:GZ link people kept peppering him with back at PAX. Can't say I blame him, I wouldn't want to be hounded about it either. Still... This article here mentions a second project in the works that could be part of Project OGRE. So...who knows?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366103/kojima-confirms-project-ogre-and-mgs-ground-zeroes-are-unrelated/

I get the feeling that this is going to be on both PS3 and Vita from the looks of it. And potentially a version on Xbox 360 (just so the fanboys don't bitch).

Edit

Apparently Kojima was not thrilled about the OGRE/MGS:GZ link people kept peppering him with back at PAX. Can't say I blame him, I wouldn't want to be hounded about it either. Still... This article here mentions a second project in the works that could be part of Project OGRE. So...who knows?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366103/kojima-confirms-project-ogre-and-mgs-ground-zeroes-are-unrelated/

All that article says is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is not Project Ogre. Other related articles also say that Kojima denied Project Ogre being Ground Zeroes but won't confirm or deny that Project Ogre is Metal Gear Solid 5. I'm pretty sure Ogre is one game and that's MGS 5.

All that article says is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is not Project Ogre. Other related articles also say that Kojima denied Project Ogre being Ground Zeroes but won't confirm or deny that Project Ogre is Metal Gear Solid 5. I'm pretty sure Ogre is one game and that's MGS 5.

Guess we'll find out in the next 2 to 5 years, depending on the development cycle of the games.

Yes, I'm aware. That's why I said that. I have nothing against the 360, as I own one myself. I just don't buy games for it anymore.

I feel bombarded with ads every time I turn on my 360 connected online. The PS3 is much calmer, and seems more reliable to me.

Meh. I'll probably not buy it day on, but I'm guessing it'll probably be good. The series has been fairly solid so far.

Edit: /hides from rocks thrown due to pun