*NO* Banjo-Tooie 'Grunty Industries'

DragonAvenger

This is a bit of a strange one to vote on.

So the good things about this are the sounds/instruments/sequencing. Some things I'm struggling to figure out if they are samples or not, so I don't even know to say well played or well sequenced...

On the flip side, there hasn't really been any risk-taking going on here. There are some nice little added articulations, but it's fair to say that that this is pretty much a cover. You're pretty much recreating the original with much better sounds. The mix is also a little timid, everything a bit dry. It's not a bad thing per se but the individual sounds are all a bit mono and unprocessed.

It's good, but OCR needs a little more personalisation in the arrangement. This is the kinda thing you would put on youtube with a video of you playing it and get a billion views, so do that.

NO, but nice job

Damn. I LOVE this track in a bubble. Banjo-Tooie is such a great underrated game, and your instrument performance, sequencing, and sound selection is perhaps one of the most perfect ways of capturing Grant Kirkhope's quirky style that I've ever heard.

But yes, it's just too much a cover of the original song. I'm keeping this in my personal library for sure, and I hope people track this down and get to hear what Leandro has done here, but it's not for OCRemix.

Sorry! :-(

NO

• 2 weeks later...

really loved the sounds at play here, similar timbres to the original, but much higher quality. this has got a ton of personality but Im (very unfortunately) going to have to concur with Emu, this is really walking a fine line between arrangement and cover territory, and I think for OCR consideration we need to see a little more interpretation or integration of your own material. I'd be happy to pass it if it weren't for the conservative nature of the piece.. :(

Dont let the rejection get you down, you've got some killer chops; really hope to hear more remixes or a resub from you sometime.

NO(resub)

Just briefly co-signing on these NOs. The stuff from 2:12 until the end went more in the right direction as far as personalizing the arrangement, but everything before then was too straightforward of a cover, which is why we couldn't pass it.

The snare drum pattern was kind of plodding too, but this was performed and executed well overall, even if the arrangement wasn't as personalized and interpretive as others.

Definitely no need to be discouraged about this one, Leandro; if you want to update this one, that's great, but otherwise we're looking forward to your next great contribution. :-)