DragonAvenger

. sonicsneakers

. Jesse Proper

, http://jesseproper.newgrounds.com

. 50181

. Sonic & Knuckles

. Flying Batteries...Wha?

. Flying Battery Zone Act 1

. Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site) -it has already been added

. Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site) -it is already on the site. I have literally thrown out everything i have learned so far in music into this song. Every drum beat, every slight variation of that beat, every transition, section, arpeggio, pad, gate, lfo, and even custom instrument creation. This track is the result of everything that i have come to understand how to do, and it is by far my best work so far. I designed most of the instruments and sounds you hear in this track, and worked extensively with sample editing. The arrangement is different enough from the original source to even tell its own story in a way.

----------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 5 weeks later...

Now featuring bullets!

-I like the track's energy.

-Those chord stabs really need some delay.

-The bridge is lacking in energy, maybe just bring up the leads.

-Cool that you programmed the drop, but it's a bit tangential, add some transitions! As is, it doesn't fit into the track very well.

-You don't really have an ending. You kind of just got tired of making song.

Solid start!

NO

• 1 month later...

Sure, good energy here, but this is pretty much a straightforward cover of the original with different beats. The dropoff at 1:09 was cool though.

The dub-wub section at 1:24 was surprisingly skimpy and didn't have much going on. Basically 26 seconds of nothing going on. I appreciate the intent of the changeup, but it was a bit too barren, IMO.

Then the cover-ish chorus repeated 1:50 with different beats. I'd be a little more behind this if the leads didn't quite sound so close to the feel of the original, though the personalization of the supporting instruments was a step in the right direction. That said, Vig's also right that the ending was fairly abrupt and not a meaningful resolution.

I'd argue the more cover-ish melodic sections need some more ideas to distinguish them from the original, and the wubby section could use something melodic to give it more direction, rather than leaving the middle rather flat. Good start here though, this has potential, Jesse.

NO (resubmit)