Paper Mario Project: composer recruiting

Yello

Hello all.

I am a representative of Paper Mario Project who, along with myself, are currently producing a full-blown, high quality, spiritual sequel to Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door. This project hopes to create a fangame up to par with TTYD, in terms of gameplay, graphics, story, innovation, and music, despite it being completely and totally nonprofit.

Which brings us to why I am here today. We only have one current composer, and our project needs more composers. We cannot pay you for your work, but we would definitely appreciate your help.

If you can help us in some way, please feel free to join our steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/papermarioproject

or contact our irc chat at

#PMProject @ Rizon.net (irc.rizon.net)

Additionally, If you'd like some further information about the problem please go to our blog:

http://thepapermarioproject.wordpress.com/

Or contact us by e-mail at

thepaperproject@gmail.com

Please, we accept all applicants that wish to help. If you think you can be of some help in any way, feel free to contact us.

How far have you guys gotten and what would your time-frame be for composers? I'm definitely interested in doing work for an open-voluntary group like yours, but I'm not set up to do any new work for the next few months likely. When would you need tracks by?

We've just exited pre-preproduction and have started programming the main parts of the game engine, some art assets are done and the story is coming along fine.

This is going to be a really long project, so there is no time frame as of yet. Feel free to help!

Would the coming Summer be ok? And while generally trying to keep to the Paper Mario sound (I'm only really familiar with the first game and the one for Wii, not TTYD just yet), how much creative control do volunteer artists get?

I myself am cool to do music for free, but I do try to avoid projects where there is a good chance I put 10+ hours in on each track for free only to have the supervisor say, "meh, not really feeling it, do it over." That's happened to me before.

Would the coming Summer be ok? And while generally trying to keep to the Paper Mario sound (I'm only really familiar with the first game and the one for Wii, not TTYD just yet), how much creative control do volunteer artists get?

I myself am cool to do music for free, but I do try to avoid projects where there is a good chance I put 10+ hours in on each track for free only to have the supervisor say, "meh, not really feeling it, do it over." That's happened to me before.

Summer would be fine. Also, the sound we're going for here is stuff that sounds like it would belong in a paper mario game. That isn't to say you can't go wild with a few things, just make sure it fits and that it sounds like something you'd hear in a Nintendo game. If you need suggestions on where to take inspiration if you need it, or simple feedback on your track, we can supply that too.

And I promise, we aren't shallow enough to reject help.