Tomb Raider

AngelCityOutlaw

Can't believe I have not seen a thread for this masterpiece. I was reading in the paper (yeah, papers still exist) that the game sold 1 million copies in less than 48 hours!

What did you all think of Lara Croft's latest adventure!? I have to say, Lara has always been one of my favorite game characters, but I definitely like the new Lara 100x more than the old one.

What would you like to see in the sequel? Face it, we all know there will be one.

Screenshot-from-Tomb-Raid-008.jpg

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

What can I say other than the game is excellent? It's definitely informed by Sony's Uncharted series, but with a character and a setting/scenario that I find much more interesting. I really like what they did with the combat, however it DID feel a mite too linear which made the exploration suffer, although I guess that was a given due to the narrative they were going for(which I thought was excellent).

I guess I'd like to see a story immediately following the story of Tomb Raider where Lara begins to really hone her combat and acrobatic skills as she takes an even greater interest in her father's stories and how she eventually hooks up with Zip and Alister.

What can I say other than the game is excellent? It's definitely informed by Sony's Uncharted series, but with a character and a setting/scenario that I find much more interesting. I really like what they did with the combat, however it DID feel a mite too linear which made the exploration suffer, although I guess that was a given due to the narrative they were going for(which I thought was excellent).

I guess I'd like to see a story immediately following the story of Tomb Raider where Lara begins to really hone her combat and acrobatic skills as she takes an even greater interest in her father's stories and how she eventually hooks up with Zip and Alister.

Indeed.

I personally hope we get to see Croft Manor again.

Oh yeah, and without giving away too much to those who haven't played through it yet, I totally lost my shit when the dual pistols actually made an appearance.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw