Injustice: Gods Among Us

Brushfire

Aight so Netherealm released Injustice: Gods Among Us, and I love it. It is a weird hybrid of Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct/Smash Bros. The stages are great, the characters pretty well balanced, and the story fantastic. If you are a fan of the above games, or f the DC Universe, pick it up.

I am currently liking Flash and Green Arrow, which I was not expecting, at least for the latter.

Edited by Brushfire

I watched some people playing it on Twitch.tv a couple days ago. It's really got a similar feel to the more recent Mortal Kombat games (which I guess goes without saying, considering the developers, but still).

Honestly, I just kind of want to wail on Superman for being such a douche in the first season of Young Justice...

It looks kinda good but I think I'm sick of having Batman shoved down my throat everywhere I look.

Also the thought of one really really big awesome Super move that isn't a Fatality/Finisher is pretty cool but the fact there is only one means that it might be underwhelming when it doesn't kill or get tiring over time.

It's fairly similar to the latest MK game with some nice Street Fighter touches.

In a nutshell:

-No more holding a button to block! Hello crossovers and mixups! goodbye accidentally entering 'block mode'!

-Some of the smoothest animation in a NR game since like.. ever?

-Stages are a big deal and impact the game.

-Some of the best comeback mechanics and meter usage I think I've ever seen in a game. Pseudo focus attacks from SF4, Combo-breakers to stop damage.

Time will tell, but I think its a step up from MK, great job NR!!