I am creating a small video game, and need an original soundtrack

Note: I have found a musician for this game. I will delete this thread when finality deems necessity.

Hello, there!

I'll get right to the point, shall I? I have been making a game in RPG Maker VX Ace for a while now, but to put it bluntly, I need someone to provide a soundtrack for it. I need original music, as the game I am making does not include fan-things of any kind (aside from a few references). Here is some information if you are interested, or know someone who may be... and are willing to send it to them!

The type of game it is

This game has no combat. It consists purely of walking around, examining things, and talking to people... who are all monsters. It is rather humorous, sarcastic, and a bit snarky. I am making all of the character sprites and talksprites, but I will not be making any of the background tiles, and will simply use the ones provided. This note is added so that you will not be deceived into believing that this game will be of an especially high quality. One should only apply of they are interested in making music to be part of something, however small, without gaining any real notoriety or money.

The type of music I am looking for

I am not a fan of generic loops or droning sound that sounds like everything else ever. I would like something more like what is used in the Homestuck interactive pages (those little games), the music in OFF... stuff like that. That is a rather wide variety, but there are things that I will not accept. Pretty much what's listed above.

Examples of my work

Here are two of the characters that appear in the game, using the imagery that is, as before, used in the game:

http://zombiecatfire13.deviantart.com/art/Serrkajl-Talksprite-Collection-366274850?q=gallery%3Azombiecatfire13%2F8500722&qo=6

http://zombiecatfire13.deviantart.com/art/Pelchora-sprite-collection-360577610?q=gallery%3Azombiecatfire13%2F8500722&qo=12

If you are interested…

Great! Please contact me, and send me a sample of your work! If you have any questions, again, feel free to contact me and ask.

Edited by zombiecatfire13
Update: found musician... Hope this works out!

Possibly interested - would like to know:

1. Free or commissioned gig? The level of creative freedom the artist gets may depend on this.

2. What format does RPG Maker VX or whatever take? Do .WAVs work or does it have to be something else?

3. How much actual music are you looking for?

4. How far are you on this project? Typically, composers around here will wait until a substantial enough portion of it is complete before wanting to start so that there is a better chance of the project actually coming to fruition.

My portfolio is here: www.meteoxavier.com.

• 2 weeks later...