Mario Kart 8

Crowbar Man

I am absolutely giddy over the Triforce cup and what the track designs may be like - Lake Hylia dodging octoroks and going underwater and stuff. Goron Mountains, passing by a giant goron and those giant rocks falling everywhere. Holy crap the possibilities are endless. And you know they're going to toss the Lost Woods up in there, with either the Link To The Past or Ocarina of Time forest music playing. Mark my words.

I am absolutely giddy over the Triforce cup and what the track designs may be like - Lake Hylia dodging octoroks and going underwater and stuff. Goron Mountains, passing by a giant goron and those giant rocks falling everywhere. Holy crap the possibilities are endless. And you know they're going to toss the Lost Woods up in there, with either the Link To The Past or Ocarina of Time forest music playing. Mark my words.

dude.

the dream.

the dream is real.

• 2 months later...

I was expecting it to go live around the time the eshop is usually updated (noonish), so I was pleasantly surprised. Got a chance to play before work.

Characters: Link is amusing.

Vehicles: If you like inside drifters, the Master Cycle seems really good. I don't like inside drifters. The wheels and the glider work pretty well for me, though.

Tracks: Mmm, rupees. Also, we now have

and
in Mario Kart. [links fixed...thanks, Mirby]

I've updated the tournament to include all cups. Remember, Friday at 9PM CST. Practice up! Or don't, I guess.

Edited by Hylian Lemon

Played all of the new stages. Hyrule Castle is by far the worse. Pretty boring and uninspiring. So much more they could have done. You are only in the castle for a hot second and then the rest is just a dirt road and plains. Was hoping for something at least close to the craziness of bowser's castle. Link as a character with all of his items is super fun to play with.

FZero and Excite Bike levels are amazaballs. Excite Bike is so much fun to play with heavy characters with the long straight aways.

Played all of the new stages. Hyrule Castle is by far the worse. Pretty boring and uninspiring. So much more they could have done. You are only in the castle for a hot second and then the rest is just a dirt road and plains.

Hyrule Circuit is all of the really standard standard Zelda stuff compressed into one sentence. I'd love to see future tracks that can explore more interesting settings now that the ice has been broken.

I should also remind everyone that if you want to change characters or karts during a tournament, please rejoin through the friends page instead of the tournaments page to make sure you don't create a separate room. Especially you, Dave.

Edited by Hylian Lemon

Well, at least a few people showed up last night. Hylian Lemon, you are freaking ridiculous. Sure, I was drunk as a skunk while playing but even sober I would have no chance against you. You're crazy-good. I want to play again. Also, how the heck do you enable voice chat or is it just turned off for the ocr group?

Well, at least a few people showed up last night. Hylian Lemon, you are freaking ridiculous. Sure, I was drunk as a skunk while playing but even sober I would have no chance against you. You're crazy-good. I want to play again. Also, how the heck do you enable voice chat or is it just turned off for the ocr group?

Voice chat only works in friend-only lobbies (you press minus to turn it on). There aren't any options in the tournament settings. Pretty standard for Nintendo online. I usually do my between-race trash talking on facebook chat. :P

We can shoot for another tournament next week...maybe go back to the usual Wednesday night?

Nintendo needs to offer voice chat all around though.

But then you'll learn the awful truth that your mother sleeps with so many random prepubescent Mario Kart players from all over the world!

or was that Call of Duty players?

Edited by Anorax

• 2 weeks later...