This is how it ends (when I'm correct):

Argle = 14 (+3 for vote)

Trism = 13 (+3 for vote)

OneUp = 13

DrumJ8 = 12

MindWanderer = 9 (+3 for vote)

HarryUp = 5 (+3 for vote)

GrapplingHook = 3 (+3 for vote)

I explained to HoboKa how to edit the scores on ThaSauce and edited the score of Argle myself to test it.

To be sure, always check the final results in this thread (this also holds for PRC) because it can happen that there are circumstances that not everything is correct on ThaSauce (for example when someone votes per PM instead of at ThaSauce). Vote bonusses are not added on ThaSauce automatically.

Okay...so I was supposed to tally +3 for everyone who voted...since they voted for 3 different submissions. Does that mean if there were only 3 entries and the voter is also a contestant, then their votes would amount to +2, since they had to leave one spot blank??

Re:first place vote

So then I guess we're keeping it the same, given that we want to give competitors an incentive to vote rather than the exact opposite.

Edited by HoboKa

Okay...so I was supposed to tally +3 for everyone who voted...since they voted for 3 different submissions. Does that mean if there were only 3 entries and the voter is also a contestant, then their votes would amount to +2, since they had to leave one spot blank??
No, they get +3 because their first place vote gets 3 points, second place gets 2 points, and third place gets one point, and their bonus is equal to a first place vote. If there were 3 entries, they'd get 3 points, their first-place vote would get 3 points, and their second-place vote would get 2 points. If there are two entries, then voting is a wash.

7. **NEW when voting, you don't have to focus on the production value or composition, simply what you enjoyed the most (but you may consider the former if you wish)**.

A more concise/straightforward/unambiguous way of saying that is just:

Please try to put enjoyability first, but consider production values as well when voting.

If voters didn't have to consider production values, what if they chose not to? If there's a clear differentiation in production quality between two mixes of similar enjoyability, then production values shouldn't be optional (or else it's just a "flip a coin" decision). Then someone who had a really well-rounded entry with great production and a good arrangement might not get more votes than someone who had just as good of an arrangement but worse production. It keeps things more consistent, IMO.

Edited by timaeus222

A more concise/straightforward/unambiguous way of saying that is just:

Please try to put enjoyability first, but consider production values as well when voting.

If voters didn't have to consider production values, what if they chose not to? If there's a clear differentiation in production quality between two mixes of similar enjoyability, then production values shouldn't be optional (or else it's just a "flip a coin" decision). Then someone who had a really well-rounded entry with great production and a good arrangement might not get more votes than someone who had just as good of an arrangement but worse production. It keeps things more consistent, IMO.

Yeah, seems like a better way to roll. The first round has been a bit of a mess I think, mostly of my own doing, but hopefully round 2 will come out less crazy.

No, they get +3 because their first place vote gets 3 points, second place gets 2 points, and third place gets one point, and their bonus is equal to a first place vote. If there were 3 entries, they'd get 3 points, their first-place vote would get 3 points, and their second-place vote would get 2 points. If there are two entries, then voting is a wash.

Okay, after ripping my hair out trying to understand this concept, I'm going to emplace a new, stupidly easy system that even I can understand.

Every CONTESTANT who votes gets +2 point, the previous winner has a vote that's worth 2x - and the points that you see on ThaSauce may NOT represent the actual score when I tally it, the score that I put in within the thread is the final vote. No first-place vote.

This ENSURES the incentive for contestants to vote AND keeps it simple. This will likely be the final rule in place. In effect for ROUND 2.

**again I apologize for the confusion and wrong scores 'n stuff, I look forward to your participation for round 2 and it should run much smoother.**

Edited by HoboKa

I'm so friggin' sorry :sleepdepriv:

I was attempting to edit MNP round 2 when, I accidentally deleted Round 1 completely. It's likely irreversible. So if I can get every1 to PM me their submission tracks, that'd be great. I can at least archive them in HERE for now, until we can get things sorted out. It's not been a good week for me, apart from my blunderings here and my personal life shit. Hopefully when round 2 comes around the corner we'll be back in gear and with a clearer voting goal and everything. So THANK YOU ALL for participating and I hope to see you again at round 2.

Okay, after ripping my hair out trying to understand this concept, I'm going to emplace a new, stupidly easy system that even I can understand.

Everyone who votes gets +2 point, the previous winner has a vote that's worth 2x - and the points that you see on ThaSauce may NOT represent the actual score when I tally it, the score that I put in within the thread is the final vote. First-place bonus for voting is still in effect.

This ENSURES the incentive for contestants to vote AND keeps it simple. This will likely be the final rule in place. In effect for ROUND 2.

**again I apologize for the confusion and wrong scores 'n stuff, I look forward to your participation for round 2 and it should run much smoother.**

First-place bonus for voting is not true, but people get 2 points if they vote. Also, the +2 only counts for participants of course. Otherwise you can get the crazy situation that a song only gets 1 point (remixer did not vote) and a non-participant gets 2 points, ending above the remixer.:nicework:

HoboKa, it might be good to store the songs on your computer. In that case you always have a back-up for the case ThaSauce is down or when you accidently delete a round.

First-place bonus for voting is not true, but people get 2 points if they vote. Also, the +2 only counts for participants of course. Otherwise you can get the crazy situation that a song only gets 1 point (remixer did not vote) and a non-participant gets 2 points, ending above the remixer.:nicework:

HoboKa, it might be good to store the songs on your computer. In that case you always have a back-up for the case ThaSauce is down or when you accidently delete a round.

Corrected the contestant voting thingy.

And yes storing them may be a wise thing 2 do next time lol.

Thx for the tips once again Bunda :nicework:

Meant to say this a few days ago, I forgot to vote, sorry :/ but I had fun.

I'll send you my track after work today HoboKa.

Gotcha :D

Edited by HoboKa

Every CONTESTANT who votes gets +2 point, the previous winner has a vote that's worth 2x - and the points that you see on ThaSauce may NOT represent the actual score when I tally it, the score that I put in within the thread is the final vote. First-place bonus for voting is still in effect.

Now this, I don't understand.

Say there's only me and one other contestant. If I vote, and I'm the only one who votes, what happens?

1) I get a first-place vote and 2 points. My opponent gets only a first-place vote. I win, 5-3.

2) I get only 2 points. My opponent wins, 3-2.

3) (Previous system, and the PRC rule) I get a first place vote, my opponent gets a first place vote. We tie, 3-3.

I'll post my entry tonight.

Now this, I don't understand.

Say there's only me and one other contestant. If I vote, and I'm the only one who votes, what happens?

1) I get a first-place vote and 2 points. My opponent gets only a first-place vote. I win, 5-3.

2) I get only 2 points. My opponent wins, 3-2.

3) (Previous system, and the PRC rule) I get a first place vote, my opponent gets a first place vote. We tie, 3-3.

I'll post my entry tonight.

Alright. Mulled it over and decided that you're prob right. No first place vote, but the +2 points for contestant voters and previous winner votes remain the same.

I've totally forgot about this, thanks for the votes! The problem is that I didn't have time to look at the votes and now I can't find the contest on ThaSauce! Only Mnp02 is shown in the list.

EDIT: Damn, I need to pay attention :D

Too bad I didn't get to see your votes and comments, but shit happens HoboKa :)

Edited by OneUp

I've totally forgot about this, thanks for the votes! The problem is that I didn't have time to look at the votes and now I can't find the contest on ThaSauce! Only Mnp02 is shown in the list.

EDIT: Damn, I need to pay attention :D

Too bad I didn't get to see your votes and comments, but shit happens HoboKa :)

its ok, I was basically just going along with the guidelines and some pep talk for the newer ppl. They can always ask any1 else here how 2 improve their mixin' skills anyhow haha.