(Free) High Quality VST Instruments

Does somebody know some good VST plugins for simple/natural instruments (such as harp, triangle, flutes) for DAWs - as well as some kind of a phat rock guitar VSTI?

Doesn't matter if it isn't free at all - but a good collection that works with several DAWs would be totally nice.

Spitfire audio has some really cheap donate Kontakt instruments, it's like 2 gbp per donation if I remember correctly. The Felt Piano is really nice. They might not work with the free Kontakt player though.

yea, it only lets you use non NI sample packs for 30 minutes or something before booting you off and telling you to buy the full version. I was so sad when i realized i couldnt use Cinematic drums or the Taiko pack i bought.

TAL makes some alright VSTS that are free. if youre starting out, they should get you someplace.

also, i highly recommend you pick up U-he's Zebralette synth, its got some quirky sounds to it, and its a bit confusing, but worth the download.

I was so sad when i realized i couldnt use Cinematic drums or the Taiko pack i bought.
Cinematic Synthetic Drums is available as a set of raw WAV samples as well. Use them as-is or whip up an .sfz (my preference).

Piano One is pretty popular, but there are lots of great piano soundfonts as well. Soundfonts are fine for triangles, too. Rock guitars are hard--the best free one I've found is part of Independence, but I get called out for using crappy guitar when I use it. I do really like Mini Dizi, Mini Erhu, and BTS Theremin--they're niche but sound great.

Heya, thanks for the good informations and the tips for the free stuff.

I guess, you're right - the free stuff often does not have the quality and setting options I was looking for - so I will look for the not-free but very good updates and add-ons for my DAW in future.

And the cool thing about this is that fortune seems to love me. :D

No shit, dudes - got a free update for a newer version of my DAW - yep for FREE! :D

I guess the reason was that I told the software company about some kind of bugs within the program they could not fix at this time.

So the cool guy was so nice to give me a free upgrade to compensate me for this as it seemed.

If I had bought this in the shop I would have paid about 100 bucks for this amazing stuff.

This new version is exactly this what I was looking for - has some absolutely heavy power guitars, pretty rockstyle synthesizers (one is definately a great choice for my next remix I'm momentary working at) and loads of spine-shakin drums. *.*

I'm such a lucky boy. :DD