OCR02810 - Mass Effect "Full Paragon"

Liontamer

For the first time, I'm actually going to disagree with Larry here. The production at 1:20-2:24 is quite solid, and things are well-separated. You can hear all the components of the mix individually if you focus on them, and there aren't discernible buried instruments that I can notice.

The drums are indeed on the slightly weak side, but it isn't that big a deal for me. They're good enough IMO, and the overall production on the whole track up until 3:13 is only a bit problematic.

3:13-3:44 does get very muddy in the low-mids though, that's for sure. I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned. :lol: 3:46-4:16 was better, and more serviceable, but 1:20-2:24 was more solid than that.

Still a very well done arrangement, and the production, while problematic, is good enough to me---perhaps "borderline YES" at worst. I like it.

Edited by timaeus222

Damn, this is one hell of an awesome Mass Effect remix, thin drums included. I always thought it'd be cool to find out that the Galaxy Map's music was some sort of folk music/traditional asari tune/something heard throughout the galaxy for centuries, and this feels like a cover by a rock band, maybe comprised of turians or krogans. It's the perfect New Year's present!

Rock that just comes out in full force without being too in your face is a nice change of pace from what I've been hearing lately, and this ReMix sounds like a terrific take on the map to me. Electric guitar carries a lot of power and the flow of the mix sounds natural. Pretty sweet, Psycho Crusher.

• 1 year later...

Never did planet navigating sound so edgy in the Mass Effect universe. I’m amazed that these guys were able to take a track that is very simple and soothing, and turn it into what we get right here. I especially love that it doesn’t sound strictly rock. Like with the intro and outro, you know what this is (if you’ve played Mass Effect). It’s respectable to the original source, while the artists still managed to make it their own.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02810 - Mass Effect "Full Paragon"