Looking for saxophone solo on a track of Garrett Williamson's

Thought I'd try this.

Basically, this is sort of unfair because I'm asking for someone to play on something without pay even though I will be selling this album worldwide probably by Spring this year. The only thing I can do is give the person a free copy of the entire album and credit him/her.

I've got this track I'm doing and I thought it'd be fun to get some saxophone in there. Since it's fairly electronic, I'd probably add quite a bit of effects and stuff to it to make it really interesting, but I would obviously nevertheless need some real saxophone. There's never a time fake saxophone would make the cut.

Now, my deal is crappy, so if no one did this, I'd totally understand. I probably wouldn't myself B-)

But, my only rule is that you feel extremely confident in your saxophone playing and your ability to do a solo. If you can, I'd love to hear some of your work.

Just thought I'd shoot this out there and see if anyone was willing to do so.

Thanks. :)

What you need, is to get yourself some XPRTNovice.

He did a bitchin' sax solo on the last half of my final fantasy remix

that actually sounds fairly nice. is he capable of much harder and louder vibes, though? this track you've shown me is very soft rock-ish. The track I'm doing is like a mix of electronic and pop and rock and jazz (yeah it's just a freaking hybrid isn't it), but it's way harder and almost asks for more of a "screaming" sax, if ya know what I'm sayin'. The track is fast, but the sax solo is at a halftime breakdown but nevertheless is still hittin' it pretty hard.

Well, I'm no saxophonist, but I'm a trumpet player willing to play for free :) I don't have any recordings of me playing, but If you would even be a LITTLE interested, you could send me the tune and I'd see what I could do with it. If you decide you don't like it, then that's cool too.

Dude, trumpet's sexy. In fact, now I'm almost having some trouble here. Since it's a fairly long breakdown, maybe I can get both some sax and some trumpet. :-P

I'm not sure this will matter, but I'd like to just note that when you're credited (unless you would prefer not to be... which I wouldn't understand ^_^), it will be your real name. I'm not going to want usernames or weird mixing names in the credits, not because I hate them, but because it probably just won't work and it'll look awkward hahaha

Dude, trumpet's sexy. In fact, now I'm almost having some trouble here. Since it's a fairly long breakdown, maybe I can get both some sax and some trumpet. :-P

I'm not sure this will matter, but I'd like to just note that when you're credited (unless you would prefer not to be... which I wouldn't understand ^_^), it will be your real name. I'm not going to want usernames or weird mixing names in the credits, not because I hate them, but because it probably just won't work and it'll look awkward hahaha

That sounds good with me on both accounts. I just decided recently not to use my real name if I can help it but I guess for something like that it would be fine. I'll PM you my email address so you can send me the track if you feel like it.

Hit me up. At the very least I can give you a cut or two and if you don't like it, don't use it. It only takes a few minutes to lay down.

But, just out of curiosity:

Basically, this is sort of unfair because I'm asking for someone to play on something without pay even though I will be selling this album worldwide probably by Spring this year. The only thing I can do is give the person a free copy of the entire album and credit him/her.

Is it the only thing you -can- do or the only thing you're -willing- to do? I don't know you as a musician, but when you say you'll be selling it worldwide, you make it seem like you stand to make a good amount of money off the album because you have an established following. In which case...why "can't" you?

But if you're selling the album for .99 and you don't expect more than 10 people to buy it (but they happen to be worldwide) I can understand that. I've done plenty of free tracks for commercial albums, and if the album takes off the artist always ends up tossing me some money out of appreciation for donating my time, which is nice.

Edited by XPRTNovice

But if you're selling the album for .99 and you don't expect more than 10 people to buy it (but they happen to be worldwide) I can understand that.

This. I'm not selling the whole thing for .99, it'll be like 10 bucks hahahaha, but selling it worldwide just technically means it will be everywhere on the internet for any person who seeks it. If I suddenly get huge off of this project, then I'll probably be able to pay everyone that helped me out on it, but I literally can't because I do not have the money to do so right now. :/