Golden Sun - Unleash the Alchemy (December 10th WIPs)

Brandon Strader

So this has been revived? Man I completely forgot about this project >_<

Is there any chance I could still pop something in, I perused the thread and I may have missed something.

Yes indeedidly, you still have time to claim/make something :-) Just let me know what you have in mind.

I've finished the main WIP of my track. How I send it to you, Brandon? :o

You could upload it to dropbox and PM me a link on the forums here!

Hey Brandon, just want to hop in here and say that I don't have another WIP yet but I have been working on arranging the theme and have no plans of abandoning my claim :)

Hooray! Looking forward to it :-D

My apologies about this Brandon. I kind of checked out of OCRemix for awhile after I finished my FF3 Track. It is back on my list. :)

I already know it's gonna rock. Love your work, good luck! :-D

• 5 months later...

I know I'm somewhat necroing this thread, but I recently ripped ALL of the midi files from the second game (which includes every song from the first game), so if anyone needs them at all (if this is still going to happen), feel free to let me know.

And for the record I still have my song; it's nearing completion after I got the guitar samples, so I REALLY want this project to not die.

I know I'm somewhat necroing this thread, but I recently ripped ALL of the midi files from the second game (which includes every song from the first game), so if anyone needs them at all (if this is still going to happen), feel free to let me know.

And for the record I still have my song; it's nearing completion after I got the guitar samples, so I REALLY want this project to not die.

I'd be very interested to have them, especially to learn more about composition. Please PM me, or post them here. :)

And the project, while apparently "dead", is still on! Brandon is focusing on other ones (FF2, FF3) before coming back to full speed on this one.

I'd be very interested to have them, especially to learn more about composition. Please PM me, or post them here. :)

And the project, while apparently "dead", is still on! Brandon is focusing on other ones (FF2, FF3) before coming back to full speed on this one.

The only problem is that they are unsorted. That means that they aren't named, and it includes every sound effect in the game, not just the music. There's like 300 midi files lol. If you need a specific one, I can absolutely find it for you, and that goes for any song. I ripped them because I've been remastering the soundtrack in CD quality for a personal project.

As for the project status, that's great to hear! I'm definitely still prepared to work on it, and I knew that Brandon was relatively busy. That is great news, though.

EDIT: I have a few tagged, and I plan on tagging the rest. I just don't have that many tagged.

EDIT 2: Here's my folder with the untagged midis: 

4lDFT9E.png

Yeah I'll get them tagged and post them here (along with the sf2 i ripped I guess). The remastering thing has been fun; it was interesting to learn that Golden sun was pretty much the only gba game that didn't follow the audio rules. Most of the sounds and instruments were imported the normal way, but all of the synths were so complex and advanced (for the software) that they had to emulate them in the game engine. That means that some songs (mainly the battle themes) sounded a lot better/cleaner than other GBA games. On the flip side, however, it makes my remastering job harder :(

As long as the emulator is decent, there isn't a problem.

Think about it this way; you can't rip a video file directly from the ROM, because the video is made on the engine. You're able to record it while the game is running, but the methods can lead to low-quality versions of the "originals."

If you go on youtube and search for any song from the first 2 golden sun games, the result that you'll get has been recorded from an emulated ROM by a computer. That method causes background noise, and the quality isn't great. The way I'm trying it will be the highest possible audio quality with similar synths that I've tuned/made by ear.

Here's an example from the teaser I put out on Reddit (it shows the before and after of a particular song):

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenSun/comments/3835zz/golden_sun_soundtrack_remastered_90_done_will/

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to jump on the Altin Flood source.

Also, here's a great GS wiki that has every single song listed along with where it plays in both games!:

http://goldensunwiki.net/wiki/Music

And Beth, I'd love to be a part of your chorus for your track, if you're still doing that.

That website has a download link for the GS soundtrack, but it's broken. This website has a working link:

http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Sound_Test

• 4 months later...

Oops, I did it again.

I'm really good at necroing this thread I suppose. I wouldn't be doing it without a good reason, I promise!

So I realized that I said I had all of the MIDIs tagged and all... but I never uploaded them here. As they say in the old country: "Uh, durr."

Here are all of the songs from the games, including the one-off sound effects and fanfares. I have NOT tagged the sound effects and fanfares, but if anyone has a mighty need for one of them I suppose I could find it for you. The way they're tagged is disk 1 and 2 are from the first game, and 3 and 4 are from the second (with a few minor exceptions). If you have the program Foobar2000, you can use the soundfont that I included in the dump to play the songs in HQ with the instruments from the games! It still has the bad synths, but I'm sure you can manage (I can't fix that either, so I'm sorry).

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nqwyxglqo3lq75q/AAC3-mqe1l8ndKflW4Yj7RIca?dl=0

I hope we can finish this album, too...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for necroing the thread, but if you really wanna do something cool, let's necro that there album ;)  I know I know, I'm supposed to be the cheerleader and keep all the roster of dudes engaged and all that. But.... I  dunno if I got the Shia Labeuf in me right now. If you guys wanna send WIPs or even better, WAVs, and people make claims, we can keep this going either until it's done, or we're done, such as with a fork in us.