OCR02842 - Mega Man X3 'Bibamus, Moriendum Est'

djpretzel

This is pretty great, nice sound -- glad you guys didn't try to shoehorn some kind of lead melody in there like I probably would have. Not EVERY song needs to have a lead melody. This strikes me as being kind of Gojira-ish, or maybe Mastodon. The drums are too static and mechanical due to lack of natural velocity values for each note, and at least to me, seem weak and a bit low in comparison to the guitars. The kick has a nice click to it but no meat. Would have dug more low end in the mix, maybe even subs. But this is a great tune not to mention it's probably a few years old by now. :lol: Very good work, glad to see Cyril back on OCR!

Yeah, my favorite ReMix from Cyril yet and one of my favorite tracks from Maverick Rising as well! Before the album came out, I always thought the boss themes in MMX3 would be a bit tough to ReMix because of how repetitive they were to begin with, so I always thought if anyone did it, they would be used just as quick transitions or cameos. It's cool to see Cyril and Snell use them all to create a tense metal mix that really lays on the battle vibe, which I love in boss ReMixes. Production issues that others have pointed out aside, this ReMix sounds pretty sick and it's great to hear the MMX3 boss theme wrapped up together in a nice heavy package.

• 1 year later...

Crulex is right to point out that some of the music in MMX3 was very repetitive, so it always impresses me when artists can stretch out original less than a minute long music into a full-fledged track. Of course this is a medley, so it’s not as if one track is stretched out into three minutes, but you wouldn’t know that without reading the profile. The ending of the track seemed very abrupt to me. Other than that, I really enjoyed this remix. Intense for the right reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, I love the drum track on this but at the same time can't quite get past the mechanicalness of it; as Brandon said above if the velocities had been humanised more it would have helped intensely. The guitar work is immense and wonderful, amazing chugging with fantastic leads. The tempo changes keeps things from getting repetitive (occasionally an issue when it comes to metal instrumentals). I agree with nitrozsz that the ending is a bit abrupt.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02842 - Mega Man X3 'Bibamus, Moriendum Est'