*NO* Sanxion 'Buzz Mix'

djpretzel

Email sub file Al - Sanxion (Buzz Mix).mp3

Dear OCR,

I have made a remix and wish to submit it. I got a tad confused over the Remix ID; from what I gathered on the forums, you guys assign it to us on submission. I do hope any other small discrepancies I've overlooked don't kill my chances in the end.

Since I am a new remixer on OCR, here are my details and the information about the song covered (please do not publicize my email address):

Remixer Name : Al

Email Address:

Remix Name : Sanxion (Buzz Mix)

Game Name : Sanxion

System : C64

HVSC Location: Hubbard_Rob/Sanxion.sid

SID Tune # : 1

I have about 3 remixes on remix.kwed.org, a website specifically for C64 remixes, and since the remix I'm submitting is one of a song from a C64 game, I have submitted it to remix.kwed.org. The HSVC Location and SID Tune # are required information on the submission form there (very stringent), so I figured it couldn't hurt to let you know exactly what is being remixed. My remixer name is a holdover from the other website - I was woefully uncreative when I made the account - but in the future, since I'm at my wit's end with them, I may just switch from Al to MrSparkle for my title and remain here.

Regards,

Mr. Sparkle

This seems very close to the original overall in terms of the arrangement.. even the synths used are quite basic and somewhat similar in timbre. The drums lack any sort of power and are kind of just plodding along. Overall this is pretty much the original, with some very basic interpretive additions. There is hardly any arrangement to speak of (no real ending), and production is very lackluster overall. For this site, we really look for mixes with a high amount of interpretive content; not just an "upgrade" of the original. If you're going for a dance mix, for example, pump up the drums, put some fills in, make the synths more complex, etc. There are a lot of things you can do. Until then..

NO

http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/C64Music/Hubbard_Rob/Sanxion.sid- Subtune 1 ("Thalamusik")

Yeah, read the submissions guidelines more. This is nothing but the original with slightly meatier synths and some flimsy, simplistic, boring, repetitive beats. The arrangement doesn't do much to interpret the original, and that's not what we're about. R:K:O is a better home for these ultra-conservative takes.

NO

http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/C64Music/Hubbard_Rob/Sanxion.sid- Subtune 1 ("Thalamusik")

Yeah, read the submissions guidelines more. This is nothing but the original with slightly meatier synths and some flimsy, simplistic, boring, repetitive beats. The arrangement doesn't do much to interpret the original, and that's not what we're about. R:K:O is a better home for these ultra-conservative takes.

NO

I can confirm that. Its the original very conservatively beefed up.

NO