MnP 17: ToP - Mysterious Japon

HoboKa

Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 17: Tales of Phantasia - Mysterious Japon

Tales+of+Phantasia.gif

"I think is a great song, I´m expecting to hear some really interesting entries"

-gercr

Midi

Starts: 14/05/2014

Ends 17/06/2014 2pm Tuesday

Vote Ends 19/06/2014 2pm Thursday

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

2. Any genre is acceptable, so long as you can still capture the source tune's mood and a good chunk of the notation. Orchestration turned into Achapella, for instance, would be a hard sell...

3. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

4. Only 1 entry per participant.

5. Previous winner cannot participate, but can submit a bonus, as well as have a vote that counts 2x

6. Submission must be made specifically for this competition, otherwise it will have to be a bonus track. Taking an old idea of yours and heavily revising it is permissible.

Example Tracks:

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

- Certain sad or moody source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and

MnP

Edited by HoboKa

Seems like it's borked up somehow. I shrug in that general direction and point to an alternate I just threw over here http://tindeck.com/listen/bnxi

I leave it up to HoboKa to decide what to do from here.

(EDIT: the file uploaded there is identical to the one I submitted to ThaSauce)

Could not 4 the life of me get the MP3 to work properly, even after reposting. So I added in your tindeck dl link in the comments.

It says posted by HoboKa, but I clarified that the original poster is GrapplingHook. So yeah just vote for "me" if you guys wanna leave any comments for him and gercr's bonus track.

Thanks guys

Oh yeah and GrapplingHook next round's source tune is yours. Congrats!

It's not finished by a long way, but here it is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4txqpto040xvlgy/Phantasmic%201.mp3

Crap I can't submit more than 1 entry lol. Here...I'll leave the compo "due-date" open so you can submit it yourself and put in whatever you like. I'll keep it open for a week so you'll have lots of time to submit it =p Lemme know when you've done so. Thanks!!

Do the format as (Bonus)Title