Luigi's Mansion Album - Recruiting

THE LUIGI'S MANSION ALBUM

Welcome all to the Luigi's Mansion Album! Have you ever taken a tour of a mansion (maybe you live in one) and noticed how each room is different from the other, each with its own flare and such. I would like this album to be a mansion full of different style rooms/tracks. Each track will be a different style. When you claim a track (anyone who is posted remixer can claim, those who are not posted must audition) just tell me what style you plan to do. Each style must be different so speak now! I would like this to be a very diverse and unique album. I look forward to working with you guys. I'm looking for a co director, an album name, and I'm always open to advice and suggestions. If you feel you can contribute in any way, plaese let me know, in this thread or in a PM. No deadlines yet, but as things move along I shall issue them as are needed.

TRACKLIST

(in no final order)

1. Title Screen

2. Training Theme/ Training Results

3. Gallery Theme

4. Toad's Theme

5. Main Theme/ Professor E. Gadd

6. Chauncey Battle

7. Area Boss Defeated

8. Caught Portrait Ghost (Overview)

9. Floating Whirlindas

10. Talking with Ghosts

11. Melody Pianissima Battle

12. Bogmire Battle

13. Boolassus Battle

14. King Boo Battle

15. Staff Credits

Black is Unclaimed

Red is claimed

Green is WIP

Gold is completed

Edited by Synthetic Pesticide

• 3 weeks later...

Since I'm currently working on a Project Guide for OCR, I'll just give you a piece of advice, as it seems you have trouble recruiting people for your project.

Have you tried to contact some remixers you like and see if they're interested in participating? If not, you definitively should. Also try to re-focus a little your project: maybe it's too ambitious or not appealing to people.

And (not wanting to be rude) you only registered last month and posted 3 times (2 messages being this thread). Try to spend more times on the forums and know more people. A project started by a newcomer like this screams "hey I want remixes for that game", and that's no good (even if it's absolutely not what you/other people want). Directing a project can be fun, but don't forget it's a really hard thing too.

Hey C, a project guide isn't half a bad idea. I know I'd like it :) [/thread hijack]

A Luigi's Mansion album sounds awesome, but seeing as there's only two mixes available, it proves not to be a first choice for a lot of mixers. It's a good thing you don't have deadlines yet because this can take a pretty long while...

Since I'm currently working on a Project Guide for OCR, I'll just give you a piece of advice, as it seems you have trouble recruiting people for your project.

Have you tried to contact some remixers you like and see if they're interested in participating? If not, you definitively should. Also try to re-focus a little your project: maybe it's too ambitious or not appealing to people.

And (not wanting to be rude) you only registered last month and posted 3 times (2 messages being this thread). Try to spend more times on the forums and know more people. A project started by a newcomer like this screams "hey I want remixes for that game", and that's no good (even if it's absolutely not what you/other people want). Directing a project can be fun, but don't forget it's a really hard thing too.

Hey C, a project guide isn't half a bad idea. I know I'd like it :smile: [/thread hijack]

A Luigi's Mansion album sounds awesome, but seeing as there's only two mixes available, it proves not to be a first choice for a lot of mixers. It's a good thing you don't have deadlines yet because this can take a pretty long while...

Hey thanks for the notes guys. I'm sorry I haven't posted, I am by no means new to this site or remixes/remixing, yes I just registered, but not new. But you're right, nobody would no that yet. I have been meaning to join the community more, but I've been really busy and I'm freeing up now.

BorgMan, what do you mean by there being only 'two mixes available' ?

Again thank you both very much for this advice,

-SP.

If you hit the Music tab and search for Luigi's Mansion, you'll find that it has only two mixed tracks here on OCR. This usually means that the game is not so very popular under remixers. When making an album for a game that isn't very popular, finding people to remix tracks will be very, VERY hard. And seeing as one mix dates back to 2002, while the second isn't even a complete track but a combination, well, you might see where this is going :/

Here's to making your life easier: Link to Luigi's Mansion remixes.

If you hit the Music tab and search for Luigi's Mansion, you'll find that it has only two mixed tracks here on OCR. This usually means that the game is not so very popular under remixers. When making an album for a game that isn't very popular, finding people to remix tracks will be very, VERY hard. And seeing as one mix dates back to 2002, while the second isn't even a complete track but a combination, well, you might see where this is going :/

Here's to making your life easier: Link to Luigi's Mansion remixes.

Right, sorry, I just didn't understand the wording I guess, my bad.

True, but when such a large portion of the game remains unremixed, it makes it a little harder, wouldn't you agree? Anyway, I myself am pretty interested in seeing where this ends, but as I'm involved with two projects already I think I'll skip for now. When the time comes, I might be able to do some design work, but that's a long time from now...

True, but when such a large portion of the game remains unremixed, it makes it a little harder, wouldn't you agree?

No! :D Well ok, maybe it'll be harder to find people with arguably thinner fanbase than Final Fantasy, but still worthwhile (case in point Be Agressive!). And there's geeks like me who think it's good to devote your resources to some stuff that hasn't been done yet. Anyway, I'm not really saying anything new. :) Good luck with the project!

• 3 weeks later...