OCR03110 - Tehkan World Cup 'Playing in the Park'

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

No reviews yet? Well, then let me be the one to get it started in here. This a great little jam that uses crunchy instruments, guitars and a good low-fi rhythm beat to make something nice. For an album that has shown to already have great songs on it, this is a welcomed addition to that list. Great track, man.

• 7 months later...

Good work, Eino! This one’s just plain fun to listen to. The instruments are bouncing throughout the song. I especially liked what you did with the drums. They’re crunchy, eclectic, and really enjoyable. The song’s also, as Ivan and Lord Pretzel have said, the perfect opening track for the EP, and I can’t imagine the set without it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the energy going on here, however I'm not a fan of the bit-crushing staticy thing that starts at the beginning and seems to have a presence all through the rest of the track. It's interesting to hear swing drums mixed with electronic elements, they work surprisingly well together. The guitar work on the latter half of the track is cool; adds a nice extra layer instead of simply repeating the first half again. Very nice overall.