Musical guitar shredding

Nase

Delve deep into the pretty boy pit that is glam metal and you'll eventually find the rather naff Shotgun Messiah, who's one saving grave is one HELL of a guitarist who's guitar playing is some rather insane melodic shred goodness. Check out the opening solo in this song (you can skip anything that isn't guitar shredding, cause those vocals are... yeah)

And after that, you've got this instrumental: 

I also strongly consider looking into Europes guitarist Kee Marcello, who I consider more melodic and much cleaner in tone and playing than John Norum (who is their most well known guitarist, a shredding madman himself).

The solo to the song superstitious is imo one of the greatest guitar solos ever recorded. Listen to it (2:38): 

Delve deep into the pretty boy pit that is glam metal

HOLY FUCK i had a moment of sex confusion. 2 seconds of "ohh hot 80's girl"! embarassing :D

i rewatched the intro, and yeah, there are a couple moments where blondie looks pretty feminine. like, actually convincingly feminine, for a couple frames.

it's a fun tune, i don't mind this at all. i'm probably very tolerant about 80's, especially lighthearted stuff.

the singing, idk, it's axl rose without skill, right?

instrumental is cool! it sounds kind of like an impossibly good live improv to me.

i also like the europe tune. solo is cool, but i like the whole tune lol. i loved final countdown as a kid too. i think i like europe. there you have it, lol. it's super nice 80's fluff.

as far as opening solos go, this song by slayer has a special place in my heart. it is completely ridiculous.

slayer is an interesting topic anyway, as i would call most of their solos "musical guitar shredding", and i'm not sure how many would agree. this example is more about a bonkers song structure, lol.

i'm in a guitar mood. here's more childhood stuff of mine (parents' album stack)

this probably isn't shredding anymore, but he's a damn impressive player anyhow.

Slayer will always win on riffs! Captor of Sin is a pretty intense tune. 

I don't think anybody mentioned Jason Becker yet. He's an insanely good guitarist from the 80's who got ALS and was rendered unable to play :( It's a really sad story because he was so talented. He did an album with Marty Friedman(guitarist of Megadeth) called Speed Metal Symphony, and there is a ton of crazy shredtastic stuff on that one. It's really neo-classical. This is him and Marty Friedman dual shredding. (Check out ~1:56 for maximum feels).

And hey while we're at it, why not throw in some pure Marty Friedman? His solo on Tornado of Souls was brilliant! It isn't the single most complicated solo ever, but the guy really knew how to tie a song together. The story goes that he just went into the studio and improvised that solo in one take, which is kind of cool. The solo starts at 3:09. It's a shame Dave Mustaine is such an ass! I'd really like to hear Marty back on stage again.