Looking for mixer reccomendations

My Behringer UB502 just died on me, and I need to replace it. I'd like to get something higher quality, and I'm happy to pay whatever I need to for top-quality (though I'd prefer not to spend thousands of dollars on features I won't use)

Here's what I need:

-2 or more XLR mic inputs with switchable phantom power

-stereo line input; I just need one stereo set (though obviously more isn't a problem)

As I said, I'm willing to pay whatever price for quality; I'd rather get a sturdy, high-quality mixer that I'll use for years than another behringer I'll just need to replace again.

Any reccomendations?

today get get 3 analoq responses for the price of one:

1. are you sure your Behringer is dead? i owned a Eurorack-series mixer for 5+ years and had no issues with it (though admittedly the UB series is crappier). perhaps the power supply just needs to be replaced.

2. Mackie. check out the 1202-VLZ, it's more inputs/outputs than you need but it is a high-quality and durable mixer, you could probably find a used one for a decent price as well.

3. do you really need a mixer? investing in a good audio interface would be a better recording solution in most cases, but your needs may be unique.

cheers.

Considering Taucer here records acoustic guitars and other instruments, I would think that a pre-amp is more important to him than a mixer. But having said that, a pre-amp is pretty infuriating when you have multiple instruments to record (which all require different gain, EQ and volume settings).

Knowing you and the direction in which you are headed, I'd say it's a good idea to invest in a mixing console of sorts. Mackie makes a great product, but the problem is that everyone knows they do, so you'll be paying for the name more than the product.

Solution? HAH! Remember who you're talking to, Taucer! I suggest you look at..... CARVIN MIXING CONSOLES...

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=sm162

Carvins mixers are all hand-built in the USA with the best parts in the industry. The important thing you should care about is that they've always been regarded as some of the best mixers to record acoustic guitars through.

For $250 it gives you enough inputs for guitars, basses, vocals and if you also get a nice multi output audio interaface, you can mix all your tracks in very nice analog fashion. Not to mention the quality you'll get.

So yeah, my recommendation to you is that thing.

... Carvin should be paying me for all the advertising I do for them :(

I still personally think that mackie mixers are good for the money. I almost bought an Onyx 1220 several months ago, but then decided that I didn't really need a mixer (more of a want thing) and that my money was better served in a different product. But I really don't think that getting a mackie mixer can ever really be considered a bad choice.

I still personally think that mackie mixers are good for the money. I almost bought an Onyx 1220 several months ago etc etc But I really don't think that getting a mackie mixer can ever really be considered a bad choice

You were very close to purchasing one of Mackie's fuck-ups :) Though I heard it was good if you didn't have to route anything.

I still personally think that mackie mixers are good for the money. I almost bought an Onyx 1220 several months ago etc etc But I really don't think that getting a mackie mixer can ever really be considered a bad choice

You were very close to purchasing one of Mackie's fuck-ups :) Though I heard it was good if you didn't have to route anything.

Really? When I was researching it I didn't read any major complaints and the few people I talked to that had one had only good things to say about it for the most part.