Looking for piano pieces to learn.

Jens Wulvik

Hi, I posted this thread because I would like some suggestions for some piano pieces. Nice classical piano pieces would be best but modern music is fine too. The only classical piece I've learned so far is a shortened version of 'Für Elise' and it's a bit too simple.

Soo...what I want is suggestions of classical piano pieces that's not too hard to play. Thank you!!

death_waltz.JPG

Ok, no. But seriously you could get some piano arrangement midis from VGMusic or wherever, and look at the notes in those.

I rofl'ed.

Hi, I posted this thread because I would like some suggestions for some piano pieces. Nice classical piano pieces would be best but modern music is fine too. The only classical piece I've learned so far is a shortened version of 'Für Elise' and it's a bit too simple.

Soo...what I want is suggestions of classical piano pieces that's not too hard to play. Thank you!!

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata First movement is easy if you can read four sharps and a few ledger lines (if you can't then it's good practice).

You're not going to get anywhere as a pianist playing easy shit. Finish Hanon: The Virtuoso Pianist in 60 Exercises (should take about a year) and then start on some serious shit.

Play some of Chopin's etudes: The Revolutionary is awesome. It's a bitch to learn but it will make you play a lot better. The A minor etude is mostly pure evil, but it sounds frigging awesome. Of course, the third movement from the Moonlight sonata is hella frigging sweet, but if you're playing a watered-down version of Fur Elise, I wouldn't recommend it (not for a few years at least). It's great to listen to none-the-less.

Mozart's songs are fun to play, but not TERRIBLY challenging. There's Rondo Alla Turka, that sonata K 545 thingy, and easily overlooked is the 12 variations on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (the song usually goes by some Austrian name I forget).

If you're looking for videogame music, Uematsu arranged just about every Final Fantasy game soundtrack for the piano. I've got the sheets or you can find them sometimes on eBay.

First of all I want to tell you that pianist is not what

I'm trying to be. I'm mainly a composer but as you know it's nice with some piano skills when composing music. And it's also bothering me when someone wants me to play

some piano for them the best thing I can do is to improvise some stuff.

Moonlight Sonata 1st movement is already on my schedule but I would like something wich is just a little easier. But thank you so far!!

You could try learning Solfeggietto, C.P.E. Bach,

You might also take a look at a Debussy piece: Gradus Ad Parnassum, from Children's Corner. It's a little longer and harder than Solfeggietto, but not much. -cough- I still need to learn it myself heh.

Link to debussy piece:

http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=1742

it's a pdf file.