Looking for a couple composers to create original music for a sci fi 2D action/platformer

hybridmink

Hey guys,

I've been working on a game for the last 2 years and we're in need of at least one more composer. Before I lose your interest, you can check out a video of the game in action at the link below:

If I had to quickly sum things up, I'd say it's like...

-a virtual world come to life, with a character driven story

-entirely hand drawn 2D animation

-gameplay that evokes platformers like Mega Man Zero and Kirby Superstar...

-but also fighting games like SF: Third Strike, Marvel 3, and Guilty Gear.

-with a heavy emphasis on a team of playable characters that are entirely unique from one another.

If you'd like to learn a bit more about the story and characters, you can check out my patreon over here: https://www.patreon.com/hybridmink?ty=h

----------------------------------------------------

You might notice the music in the background of the video above. It was composed by Rozen, who's on board for composing some of the more epic and dramatic pieces in the game. We're also working with the Cynic Project who's posted a couple mixes on OCR before. He's handling the more electronic and trance pieces.

However, at least half of Rudra's music needs to rock. Something along the lines of Mega Man and Sonic with some punk and metal mixed in. After speaking with both artists, we decided that we basically need a guitarist.

While I definitely have some people in mind, I've found over the past couple years that it's better to reach out to a community that I love and actually find people that really want to work with you. So I of course turn to OCR, the site that's provided a substantial chunk of my music collection for the past 15 years. If you are interested at all, please let me know by replying in this thread or simply emailing me at:

hybridmink (at) gmail (dot) com

I'd love to talk to anyone interested, though I'd just ask that you provide a couple examples of your previous work. Full disclosure, we are planning on having a kickstarter in August. The goal is to have at least one more track (on top of what Rozen and Cynic Alex are working on) ready for the trailer. Thanks for reading this far and I hope to hear from you soon! If you have any questions about the game, characters, or scope, don't hesitate to ask. :)

-Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an eccentric but hard working and ambitious composer/remixer who writes Electronic music in FL Studio. I think your game looks very interesting and would love to compose for it. Check out my soundcloud (Dark Ronald Poe) and tell me if you think you'd like me to help. Also I play guitar but am really good at bass (love playing it too). Got any tips on what you're looking for?

2 hours ago, JK FlipFlop said:

You need a specific style of music? I make SEGA Genesis music. If you want midi files, that's fine.

While we're going for a more modern style to fit the visuals, there might be a need for a couple midi tracks. Do you have some examples I could check out?

1 hour ago, Ronald Poe said:

I'm an eccentric but hard working and ambitious composer/remixer who writes Electronic music in FL Studio. I think your game looks very interesting and would love to compose for it. Check out my soundcloud (Dark Ronald Poe) and tell me if you think you'd like me to help. Also I play guitar but am really good at bass (love playing it too). Got any tips on what you're looking for?

Can you provide a link to your work? I'm willing to check it out. :)

Okay here are a few examples. 

First is my remix of "Elm Street" (Nightmare on Elm Street NES) I did in honor of Ansem Seeker of Darkness (Kingdom Hearts).

Second is my Axel tribute/theme.

Finally here is my tribute to Masky (Marble Hornets). 

I'm not good at music production (which I did) and the tracks might need quite a bit of cleaning up. However I wrote and/or remixed everything myself. Hope you enjoy them.

24 minutes ago, hybridmink said:

While we're going for a more modern style to fit the visuals, there might be a need for a couple midi tracks. Do you have some examples I could check out?

Can you provide a link to your work? I'm willing to check it out. :)

http://jk-flipflop.newgrounds.com/audio. That's a general page of my work. A lot of covers, but some original content is there.

3 hours ago, Neifion said:

Oh, those are all really cool tracks. Reminds me of Zombies Ate My Neighbors a bit. :) I think we're good for now but I will keep you in mind down the road. If anything, there might be a track or two we could use you for. Thanks!