link :

* ReMixer name - LopikoL

* real name -

* email address -

* website - none

* userid - dunno ?

* Name of game : Megamen Zero 3

* Zero vs. Zero

* System : GBA ; composers : Ippo Yamada, Luna Umegaki, Masaki Suzuki, Tsutomu Kurihara.

* Link to the original soundtrack : couldn't find any.

* My comment : It is one of my first pieces I have ever made, though, but I tried to do my best on it.

At first, I saw there isn't much remixes of Megamen Zero series music, so I wanted to make one of my favourite pieces from that game - a final fight with real body of main character, Zero, which is possesed by mighty bad guy, Omega. So it's like Zero fighting with himself, his real body. That's why I named my piece "Zero vs. Zero". Composers of that game really likes guitar, so I decided to make it more like a overdriven guitar. I spent nearly hour to make it sound like it sounds now. Instead of piano I used cymballs as a main theme. At second part of the remix I made crash sound like a fight. It goes stereo from left to right and so on, just to make it sound like fight of Zero and Omega. I added the low strings to make it more... hmmmmm... dramatic ?... can't find proper word. Whateva, My piece isn't long (only 1:22), but it's becouse final fight isn't long, for a good player defeat of Omega is a matter of 30 sec.

The worst is, my project file is gone after emergency disk format, so I can't improve it. That's why I add it now. I hope you find it worth adding it to other OCRemixes.

Badly processed synth guitar, weak transitions, hardly any arrangement.

Where's the bassline?

I can hear that you added a low synth string near the end, but that whole section makes music theory cry.

I'm sorry man, but this isn't gonna cut it.

1:22?

You'd have to absolutely kill both production and arrangement to get a mix this short passed, and even then it'd be a bit of a stretch. This is severly lacking in both those areas though, so length isn't really your biggest problem.

NO

p.s. I'm sorry about the harshness of this review, but i want to clearly convey that you'll need to improve dramatically as both a songwriter and producer if you want to get a mix on OCR. My advice is to spend some time in the WIP forums and hone your skills. Good luck.

Eep! This remix is way underdeveloped, and you've got a ways to go with your production skills. JJT said all that needs to be said at this stage, really.

I'd recommend spending some time in the WIP forums here at OCR. You can learn a lot from listening to other tracks, and getting feedback on your own! Go wild. ^_~

NO

http://www.zophar.net/gsf/mmzero3_gsf.rar - 37 "Cannon Ball"

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

Not gonna waste my time with you when this is a 1-for-1 cover/MIDI rip of the original. Don't waste your time with these. Submit something more interpretive and developed instead.

NO Override