*NO* Silent Hill 3 'Deep in the Hill'

Liontamer

I'm feelin' generous, if only to figure out what this is - LT

Really this is sort of a industrial dnb mashmix of Several Silent Hill 3 mixed in with my own style. this is my own work, i made sure that the quality is good. So far this is my best song i have ever done, and my first remix of any song to date.

when and if you decide to post it put it under B-Newman.

Deep in the Hill < >

This is hosted on my website so don't worry about not being able to hear it. :)

------------------------------------------------------

Silent Hill 3 Original Soundtracks - (24) "Hometown" & (22) "Sun"

For the record, you need to provide information on what track(s) you're arranging. The only connections I could find are the direct sampling of "Hometown" for the first few seconds, then the direct sampling of the vocals from the first 35 seconds of "Sun" from 1:04-1:39. The onus is on you to give us the information we need or lead us in the right direction. Given that the Silent Hill series have had a lot of tracks that don't end up on official soundtracks, there's a chance what's being mixed doesn't have a source on the official soundtrack.

Anyway, stuff like the melody starting at :07, I had no idea where it was from. Definitely had a nice overall vibe and atmosphere, but the track was being dominated by industrial instrumentation and vox that seemed to have little to do with any melody. I heard a countermelodic deal going on in the back from :40-1:03 with that scratchy instrumentation, but again, no connection from SH3 to make.

The sampling of the spoken vocals from "Sun" from 1:04-1:39 was a crutch for not doing much on the arrangement side. It was obvious that you stopped sampling the vocals after their first 35 seconds, because that's when the background music joined them in "Sun", making them unusable from than point on. In other words, lame as fuck.

For the melody on top of the sampled vocals, I couldn't figure out where any of that was from. Same with the rougher-sounding melody at 1:43, and the track basically meandered to the finish with that melody and the spooky vox.

Not really much melodic direction here. Even when you have rough melodies in play, they're not really developed or explored in a substantial way. Sounds like more of a remix or original track than a rearrangement, but I guess the world will never know. Brush up on the standards and guidelines here before you send anything again.

NO

• 1 month later...

Well you called this a mashmix, which I assume means mashup, which we don't really allow here on OCR. We're not looking for someone to take sampled audio from the game and mix up a song out of that. We want people to listen to the music from a game, reinterpret and reimagine it, and create a song out of what they come up with.

This seems to be a lot of percussive material with some sampled audio over it.

Not really what we're after. NO