MnP 65: Kirby's Adventure - Butter Building

HoboKa

12 hours ago, Esperado said:

Perfect! I hope you can submit something Final Kingdom! Its been a while since those ReMixing with the Stars compos!

As for Thasauce, do we just PM a soundcloud link to you Hoboka?

This works as is.  Guess we gotta wing this one.  Sorry about not submitting anything.  I was JUST made aware of ThaSauce being down...this is mildly distressing.  Anyhow, I hope it gets resolved soon.  

EDIT

NVM

UPDATE: CompoThasauce is back up and running :D Waiting on Final Kingdom AND Esperado to send me MP3's of their entries.  Once that happens we will initiate the Voting Stage.  So everyone hold on.  

EDIT

I don't know if the first entry is even related to the source tune at all...it doesn't seem that way.  Can anyone else help confirm that?

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP65

16 hours ago, HoboKa said:

UPDATE: CompoThasauce is back up and running :D Waiting on Final Kingdom AND Esperado to send me MP3's of their entries.  Once that happens we will initiate the Voting Stage.  So everyone hold on.  

EDIT

I don't know if the first entry is even related to the source tune at all...it doesn't seem that way.  Can anyone else help confirm that?

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP65

I don't think that song is related to Kirby. Not sure what that is supposed to be. Even if it IS Butter Building, it is a very loose arrangement and not really befitting of the comp in my opinion.

Hate the fact I wasn't able to turn in my bonus entry, but in the spirit of Christmas (and guilt) here is what little I had for BB:

1 hour ago, Starphoenix said:

I don't think that song is related to Kirby. Not sure what that is supposed to be. Even if it IS Butter Building, it is a very loose arrangement and not really befitting of the comp in my opinion.

Hate the fact I wasn't able to turn in my bonus entry, but in the spirit of Christmas (and guilt) here is what little I had for BB:

I concur - that track was wayyyy too unrelated to be submissable even to PRC imo - so I went ahead and deleted the track.  Apologies to the participant, but it had to be done as the track wasn't following competition guidelines.  

BTW, I left the round open for submissions for you and Final Kingdom - you may submit your track as a BONUS entry.

1 hour ago, HoboKa said:

I concur - that track was wayyyy too unrelated to be submissable even to PRC imo - so I went ahead and deleted the track.  Apologies to the participant, but it had to be done as the track wasn't following competition guidelines.  

BTW, I left the round open for submissions for you and Final Kingdom - you may submit your track as a BONUS entry.

Sweet. Well, it's up. Hopefully with the holiday craziness behind I won't be too distracted from future endeavors. Lol

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• There are 4 entries this round.
  • There are 1 Bonus entries this round
  • There IS a voter bonus this round.
  • Starpheonix has a vote worth 2x
  • Don't vote for Bonus entries please  
  • Participants may not vote for themselves   

Vote ends Dec28th @ 11PM

comments:

Okay!  With that veritable gong show out of the way, we can now resume normal operations.  It's voting time!!

edit

Everyone is accounted for and submitted - so no need to worry :) 

@HoboKa Sorry I didn't send you the MP3 or respond to the thread, I've been away from home the past few days. This is why I made it downloadable in case I wasn't around lol. I'm assuming my track isn't a bonus though by the looks of your post and the compo page on thasauce. In the process of getting my vote it and I'll be all set :D

Edit: just saw your PM, my b lol thanks so much!

I was unable to vote likely because I had already submitted Final Kingdom's vote using my IP - I don't think ThaSauce likes more than 1 vote per IP address...which is a good feature to have admittedly - but it blocks me from entering my own vote.  So here it is...

1st. Zorrakh - Sexy, jazzy and very Christmassy - you knew what to do to get my vote - well done Zorrakh :) 

2nd Final Kingdom - Well produced, the mood is SOMEWHAT altered, but that is not a demerrit imo - your track is very swag, chill and well produced.

3rd Esperado - Not quite the best of your works, but it's a good entry - lots of ear candy and kind of a slapstick vibe - not bad! (edit): on second listen it is actually quite a nice track, but for some reason the brass really detracted things for me - all of the other elements are really good.

4th Planarian Hugger - Not a bad track, howbeit when juxtaposed with the other entries it doesn't stand up quite as well as the rest.  Still your entry is worthy of MnP and was not offensive to the ears by any means.   

BONUS (Starpheonix) - I woulda voted 1st if I was allowed to lol - this is an epic entry worthy of MNP.  

18 hours ago, HoboKa said:

I was unable to vote likely because I had already submitted Final Kingdom's vote using my IP - I don't think ThaSauce likes more than 1 vote per IP address...which is a good feature to have admittedly - but it blocks me from entering my own vote.  So here it is...

1st. Zorrakh - Sexy, jazzy and very Christmassy - you knew what to do to get my vote - well done Zorrakh :) 

2nd Final Kingdom - Well produced, the mood is SOMEWHAT altered, but that is not a demerrit imo - your track is very swag, chill and well produced.

3rd Esperado - Not quite the best of your works, but it's a good entry - lots of ear candy and kind of a slapstick vibe - not bad! (edit): on second listen it is actually quite a nice track, but for some reason the brass really detracted things for me - all of the other elements are really good.

4th Planarian Hugger - Not a bad track, howbeit when juxtaposed with the other entries it doesn't stand up quite as well as the rest.  Still your entry is worthy of MnP and was not offensive to the ears by any means.   

BONUS (Starpheonix) - I woulda voted 1st if I was allowed to lol - this is an epic entry worthy of MNP.  

You can edit the user of the vote. So you could submit the vote from Final Kingdom, then change the username to Final Kingdom and then it should be possible to add your own vote. Of course you also can add it manually.

7 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

You can edit the user of the vote. So you could submit the vote from Final Kingdom, then change the username to Final Kingdom and then it should be possible to add your own vote. Of course you also can add it manually.

Did that already.  I put it in as Final Kingdom.  IDK - I tried two times, so F it - I'll worry about it next round.  

8 hours ago, Final Kingdom said:

Congrats on the win, @Zorrakh! I'm glad I stumbled upon this compo. I hope to do more now that I've found my way back to this community :D 

Well, your'e most certainly welcome to participate more.  I'm glad to have you in the compo Final Kingdom - same goes for the rest of you guys, girls and attack helicopters.