OCRA-0008 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos

SnappleMan

I got the album a while back but I was never able to get the last half of the special disk. I saw the solution for fixing the songs but I still have one problem with groove basin. Whenever I try to re encode it the last 30 or 40 seconds are just a strait line. I can hear the song perfectly fine in multiquence but when I save it as audio and playit on anything the section thast is a line does not come out the same as when it is played in multiquence. any suggestions. (It is my favorite part of the song by the way:D ):puppyeyes:

Now, I'm not one for orchestrated music, but after listening to Kanjika's "The Secluded Stronghold," I think I may have to change my mind. That was such a wonderful piece of music. A first listen through the whole project left me kinda "Uh...this is good, but most of the musical styles I don't like." However, now it's more of "Well damn. I don't know which I want to hear next because they're all great."

I especially love Xenon Odyssey's Lava Passion WIP. Are there any plans to finish it? Love the sax in there so much. I take it the version on your website is the version after the one included in the project?

Yes, the version on my website is the final version. Glad you like it ;)

I certainly do indeed :-P. Aww, the final? I was hoping it would be longer :P (it still says WIPv2 in the description of the ID3 tags). Is the saxophone recorded by you or did you find samples? If you recorded it, what make/key/etc..? It's a wonderful sax.

I certainly do indeed :-P. Aww, the final? I was hoping it would be longer :P (it still says WIPv2 in the description of the ID3 tags). Is the saxophone recorded by you or did you find samples? If you recorded it, what make/key/etc..? It's a wonderful sax.

This is probably why I still have it labeled WiP v2...I should probably fix that.

I recorded it, the saxophone itself is a Yamaha (I believe a student model because I'm poor), and the song is in A minor, meaning I played in B minor on the sax.

• 1 month later...

I love this album, I've heard a few VG Music remixes [mainly Metal Gear Solid] but this one tops the lot. My favourite tracks have got to be The Doomsday and Dead Batteries! Now if only I could get hold of the actual game again!

The only other thing I would say to this project, as mentioned in the title of my post, is Guitar Hero. Have you ever considered taking this project to Activision for a track pack or game or anything! The amount of times I listen to a track and start pretending to play it on my guitar hero controller, I think it would be awesome! The Doomsday, Live At The Sandopolis and Malicious Fingers would be some great tracks to include.

Thanks again for livening up my Media Player with this fantastic album!

• 3 weeks later...
My favourites in their order would be:

1.Groove Basin

2.Breathtaking Vision

3.Heads Up for Tails

4.Dead Batteries

Regarding my top favourite, Groove Basin... I love the intro, makes me think of a peaceful river or waterfall in the middle of a forest. I just wish it would last longer or at least have a proper ending. It ends too abruptly. :?

I know it's because it's WIP and that Rayza lost his project because of hard-drive problems, but Rayza, couldn't you somehow add 30 extra seconds for proper ending by just starting a 30-second project just using the necessary minimum instruments for it and then joining both 00:00:30 and 00:03:29 mp3s? I did that a lot with songs just to make them longer (of course I only did the split and join parts, since I'm no remixer).

Takes some time to get the perfect transition between the cut, but it's possible. I really think it is a remix that deserves a 100% completion!

I say we start a "Help Rayza save up to recover his hard drive" fund.

• 2 weeks later...

snappleman, i am a game developer from the GMC. I would like to use your "Dead Batteries" track for my next game, WayBy please.

Gecko Yamori - I would like to use your "Elevator Music" track please.

KungFuChicken - I would like to use your "The wait is over!" track please.

If you say yes, you will frequently get demos from me featuring your music. I am a big fan of Project Chaos, and i hope to see even more developments from you.

snappleman, i am a game developer from the GMC. I would like to use your "Dead Batteries" track for my next game, WayBy please.

Gecko Yamori - I would like to use your "Elevator Music" track please.

KungFuChicken - I would like to use your "The wait is over!" track please.

If you say yes, you will frequently get demos from me featuring your music. I am a big fan of Project Chaos, and i hope to see even more developments from you.

Go for it :)

This has probably been said a million times already, but I'm too lazy to look around for the answers. Anyways...

Snappleman and BrainCells, you two are absolutely amzing. You're my favorite game remixers. But, I need tabs! I'm too crappy with my ears to figure things out myself, although I've figured out some stuff from tabs of the original themes.

And now to give you the same answer as I give to everyone else... I don't have tabs :(!

I don't tab anything out, I just play it. All my leads and solos were on the spot. Sorry man :( But take comfort in that if I ever have to play this song again, I have to learn it just like you!

(And train your ears, it's the best thing you can do for your music.)

And now to give you the same answer as I give to everyone else... I don't have tabs :(!

I don't tab anything out, I just play it. All my leads and solos were on the spot. Sorry man :( But take comfort in that if I ever have to play this song again, I have to learn it just like you!

(And train your ears, it's the best thing you can do for your music.)

Well, that stinks for me. But you are right, I do need to train my ears. But I have a request... if I make tabs of your stuff, can you look them over and tell me if they seem good?

this album is goddamned fantastic. I remember sandopolis being a dreadful zone, but the concert-metal spin on it was ear-gasmic.

The compilation as a whole is much more than I could ever ask for, and Spire's work on the album art is icing on a musicalicious cake.

Moar pleze.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...