OCR03816 - *YES* Final Fantasy 10 "One Dream, One Destiny" *RESUB*

Gario

Previous Decision

• Remixer name: Bluelighter
  • Mail: 
  • ID forum: 21840
  • Game & Songs: ff10 & The Daughter of the Summoner - Someday the Dream Will End
  • Interpreter: Guillaume SAUMANDE (piano)
  • Composer: Nobuo UEMATSU; Masashi HAMAUZU

Hey,

Here is a new version of my piano arrangement! 

There are more rubato than in the last on. I feel the result more emotional :)

Enjoy !

Breakdown :

Daughter of the Summoner

• 0'00: intro
  • 0'12: Melodic Line 1
  • 1'20: ML2

Someday the dream will end

• 0'00: ML3
  • 0'24: ML4
  • 1'05: ML5 (similar to ML1)

Arrangement

• 0'00: from intro of daughter of the summoner: repeated high notes imitating the xylo. Arpeggio by left hand start a little after
  • 0'31: ML1 with arpeggio
  • 1'12: ML2 soft
  • 1'23: ML3 Ternary rhythm for left hand. Hesitating tempo
  • 1'40: ML4 Still in ternary. Louder, more animated. The culminating point of the arrangement!
  • 2'10: ML5/ML1 soft part, to contrast with the precedent one. High arpeggio
  • 2'26: ML2 with rhythm well marked, louder
  • 2'58: outro. Similar to intro, but softer.

Damn, it really helps to have played through the game when it comes to evaluating FFX music - I'm almost done with my very first run of the game (y'know, sixteen years after release), and it turns out it's pretty good, with some solid music to boot.

Anyway, I wasn't privy to the last decision on this, but this sounds about as human as I can tell - the dynamics are excellent (which the prior decision acknowledged), and the push and pull with the variations in the tempo helped give it that slight 'Chopin' feel. If the concern before was that it wasn't human enough, I think this will satisfy that requirement.

There are a few moments (1:45-1:46 & 1:58-1:59) that sound blocky and uncoordinated, and a few moments toward the end where the bass sounds like it causes some overcompression, but overall the issues I hold don't overshadow the general quality of the arrangement and performance.

I'm glad you came back to this one - you tend to take our resub requests seriously, which is something that I appreciate from you. Good luck with the rest of the vote, and thanks again for sending this back to us!

YES

• Liontamer pinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to (2017/08/07) *YES - TAG - NEED WAV/192/VBR1* Final Fantasy 10 "One Dream, One Destiny"
  • Liontamer locked this topic