OCR03764 - *YES* Dark Souls 3 "The Ashes Judge" *RESUB*

Gario

Previous Decision

Greetings,

I've just seen the judges decision topic on my remix of Dark Souls 3 Iudex Gundyr "the Ashes Judge". Thanks a lot for the appreciations and compliments on the writings and orchestration techniques I used in ! I spend so much time to remix it in an original way.

I'm sorry for the production issues, I don't know what happened with the 8Dio Requiem VST, so I've corrected it by a simple reloading. And then I added a limiter to increase the volume of the track. (I've changed some details on staccato trumpets too, nothing important)

I Hope it's ok to submit it again, I don't want to overstrain you.

Regards

Man, a nice, quick response and I don't post it up here for two months. Sorry 'bout that.

I didn't comment the first time around, but I compared the two files and it seems the clipping issues were addressed. It's also a pinch louder, which is a nice touch.

Considering it was a pretty strong arrangement before, I think it's an easy pass for me. Nice work!

EDIT (11/07): Okay, I can hear some crackling too at 0:44-0:46 and 3:22. Most of the prior deal-breaking crackling was decreased, though (like the really bad portion at 1:34 from the old version), and at the other sections listed it was almost imperceptible. I hear it, but I don't at all consider it deal-breaking - I'm sticking to my YES on this.

YES

I'm sorry, but I'm still hearing a lot of crackling.  Tried it on multiple headphones just to make sure it wasn't my hardware, but no: there's distinct crackling at 0:44-0:46, 1:49, 3:22, and 3:32.  I think I hear some quieter distortion here and there, but it's mostly drowned out by the music and isn't a big deal.

It is, however, significantly less cluttered, and the volume is more consistent now.  I'd personally prefer it if 3:14-3:21 were a little quieter, as it's painfully loud when I set my volume at a level where I can hear the quieter sections clearly, but it's brief and that's more a pet peeve of mine specifically.

Fix the crackling and I think this is good to go.

YES/CONDITIONAL

• 2 months later...

I wasn't hearing a lot of crackling any longer, and while I didn't hear any pops around 1:49, I can confirm I heard them from 0:44-0:46, 3:21-3:22, and at 3:31 like MindWanderer did. 3 light pops isn't enough to make me a NO vote, but it would be nice to get a pop-free render. Otherwise, the arrangement's good to go, same as last time; if this is the best render we can get (with those 3 light pops), that's also OK.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/08/25 - (2Y/1C) Dark Souls 3 'The Ashes Judge'

Just chiming in to co-sign on the comments above.  Nice arrangement overall.  For me personally, I'd like volume a tad bit normalized so I don't have to turn up the volume to hear the quiet sections, but I can understand the reticence to lose dynamics in orchestral pieces.

Just to note, the note combinations around 1:58 - 2:08 sounded off to me.  It's brief, but noticeable.

Good stuff here.

YES

• Nutritious changed the title to 2017/08/25 - (3Y/1C) Dark Souls 3 'The Ashes Judge'

Coming in as well that this sounds much improved in volume and there is much less clipping. I did hear the sections mentioned by the others while in headphones but I'm betting they would not be nearly as noticeable on speakers, and they don't work out to be a deal breaker by themselves. Thanks for the quick update though!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to (2017/08/25) *YES - TAG - NEED WAV w/o pops* Dark Souls 3 'The Ashes Judge'
  • Liontamer pinned this topic
  • Liontamer locked this topic