OCR03720 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Gerudo Desert Party"

Gario

• 2 weeks later...

For such a simple and conservative concept, I loved this way more than I was expecting to.  The slaps add such a lively percussive element, it's hard not to feel the groove.

Balance is a bit iffy at times.  The slaps are great, but they're a little loud throughout.  The accordion is a little loud in the bridge (2:21-2:37), and the lead guitar loses volume near the end of the remix (about 3:04-3:42).

There's also about six seconds of silence at the beginning that should be cut out.

My biggest concern is with how conservative this is.  The structure is almost identical to the source, except for the intro and bridge.  The rhythm guitar plays the same chords as the source, just with a different beat.  However, the accordion does add some texture, especially at the end.  It's clearly more than just a cover, so I'm okay giving this a

YES

The balance was a little iffy, I agreed, but the lead guitar sounded out well enough relative to the rhythm guitar and accordion, but it was nothing obscuring the performances, so I'm cool with it. I actually enjoyed the placement of the instrumentation and thought it contributed to a more authentic sound of a room setting. Fun arrangement, and the live aspect of the performances and rhythmic changes created enough personalization in the arrangement to have no problem getting by. Fun stuff, Reuben! Send some more, and welcome!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/11/28 - (2Y) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Gerudo Desert Party'
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing to add that hasn't been said. The balance could have used some tweaking but it's not a deal breaker as is. I'd have liked some changeup on the rhythm guitars, they do start to get pretty repetitive before they drop out for a bit, then back to the same rhythm again. Mostly nitpicking here but something to consider for next time.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I heard the accordion at the beginning, I knew I was going to like this.  Guitars have a good sound - the double-tracked panning gives the rhythm a a really wide, encompassing sound.  I agree that there could be some additional variation on the backing guitar, however.

No doubt at any point what this is arranging.  Connections are clear, but I felt it was personalized just fine with the performances, a bit of rubato and timing changes, etc.

Nice

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to (2017/11/28) *YES - TAG* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Gerudo Desert Party"
  • Liontamer locked this topic