OCR03796 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Surpassing the Gods"

Liontamer

(*edits-de sei!) Well this is a serendipitous surprise.  Feels epic to be first in the line-up of SD3 track releases.  Didn't realize how much more passionate that Archangel was than me when he collab'd with me (and I worked my &%@*ing ass off too, so it's not a hard knock on anyone!).  His write-up describing the remix is beautiful and epic.  Rozovian's words also touched my heart-strings a bit *teary eyed* - fellow newbs learning to navigate the Wild-West of remixin' and to do battle with the oft unyielding J-panel, doing our damned best to find a way to get our own sound accepted - erstwhile enduring the slings and arrows from nay-sayers etc - but damnit, did we work hard to form a sub-community to rival that of the Elite hahaha!  Was a blast working on the project.  And holy &$@^ Songs of Light & Darkness was a long time in coming: I thought I would never live the day to see it's release.  Big thanks to all who participated.  So um...2nd opinion on this baby, J panel??  :D :D :D

Lovely and haunting. Fantastic job with the woodwinds; I like me a good pitch bend and an exotic flair, and you managed to capture both. :)

Percussion and piano merge well to craft a bed under the melodies, and I especially like the understated yet deliberate low piano notes. I guess my only complaint would be that in terms of chord progression and song structure, it doesn't vary as much as I'd like, but hey, that has to do with the source material, so no worries there. All in all, great job.

Wow. Since I was not one of the fortunate ones to experience Seiken Densetsu 3 as I should have (my love of the series is based on the very first entry), I can't hope to bring to this the kind of knowledge and love worthy of the dedication that everyone put into it, but I just know that this song is gorgeous, and the handling superb. I loved the story about it! Man, just wonderful.

On a larger note, CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who contributed to this dream of an album, and double for those who never let it die. Be proud - your sacrifice was not in vain.

Klnka Imra Miryon Tin Qua

Miracles occur sometimes!