Castlevania Vampire Killer Acoustic

Danneman

http://w12.easy-share.com/739734.html

Recorded this with a friend over the last few days. I really like it, but is it OCremix material? Tell me what you think.

Edit: We've added the bass and added a new part before the end solo thingie. Though apparantely my confidence in what sounds good or not, is not all that =P I don't know what to think of them. The bass might be too subtle though. And I really don't know about how the new part enters the scene, or if it's varied enough. Anyhoo, what do you think?

http://w11.easy-share.com/748436.html

Great remix! One of the best I've heard in a long time. You really get the best out of those acoustics. A bass and some woody sounding drums to back it up would be awesome, but only if they really sound authentic. Those guitar tracks sound so organic and have so much feel that a stiff programmed rhythm could ruin the whole thing. I suspect that the judges could reject it on those grounds, but anyway, I like it a lot as it is now and will listen to it again and again. Good job!

hehe.. well the bass should be easy to add atleast, cause we've got a real one. I'ts just that we're missing the POD XT wich we usually run it through. Would have been great if we had an acoustic bass. Hopefully we can get a bassound that fits the song anyway.

We've used drumtracks before, that I've been very satisfied with. But it's different with this one. Usually it's just normal drums, but I want something different with this one. I'm not really sure what yet. Something woody sounding could be real nice, I agree.

I am however confident in our ability to hear what sounds good or not. If the new stuff sounds stiff or just plain bad, it will not be included, of course. So you need not worry about if we'll destroy it or not (I think =P). We will try atleast, and if it sounds good to us, I will post it here again to hear what you think before we send it in, anyway. Could take a while though.

Quality's great, the sound is great, but there is a nagging, underlying issue here...

I don't think that it's different enough from the original to merit being a true ReMix in the scope of OCR, and needs more original compositional material in order to get it over the edge in this category. I'm not saying it NEEDS it, but that could be grounds to reject, as well as the fact that...

...this is an overmixed track, to be sure. Not necessarily here, but when an entire Dwelling o Duels is devoted to it, you know it's popular. OCR has, for years, been shying away from remixes that are the same song over again, so unless it's something particularly special (which this might be), you might be out of luck.

I say submit.

Yeah, I've been fearing that as well. That it doesn't stray from the original enough to be accepted.

Anyway we've added the bass atleast and added a new part before the end solo thingie. Though apparantely my confidence in what sounds good or not, is not all that =P I don't know what to think of them. The bass might be too subtle though. And I really don't know about how the new part enters the scene, or if it's varied enough. Anyhoo, what do you think? I'll add the link to the first post as well.

http://w11.easy-share.com/748436.html

• 7 months later...