Chimpazilla

Remixer name: Bluelighter 
Mail: 
ID forum: 21840 

Game & Songs: Final Fantasy VIII & Fear ; Unrest 
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu  
Project : Final Fantasy VIII : Seeds of Pandora 

Hi OCR!  

Here is a piano arrangement of « Fear » and « Unrest ». These tracks well marry together IMO, by their melody or by their sinister atmosphere.

This arrangement sounds a little jazzy with disturbing dissonances. Notably at the 2nd play of Fear at 1’53 where I’ve taken some liberties on harmony.

Soft parts (notably intro and outro) also contribute to the worrying atmosphere that I wanted in the arrangement.  

Enjoy ! 

BREAKDOWN 

0’00 : intro (fear harmony)
0’47 : unrest (26' -> 41')  
1’02 : fear theme presentation  
1’53 : fear harmony variations  
2’20 : unrest (0' -> 25')  

2'35 : unrest (26' -> 41')
3’11 : fear, outro (light sounds)

• 3 weeks later...

Guillaume's performances never disappoint, and this is no exception.  Beautifully expressive playing as usual.

You'd never know this remix was based on two source tracks.  It does get a little repetitive, especially by the final bookend, but there's more than enough transformation to keep it going.  That's the closest thing I have to criticism here; otherwise this is great overall.

YES

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2021/10/24 - (1Y) Final Fantasy 8 "The Infested Arena" PROJECT
  • 2 months later...

ff8 has some real weird tracks. i love that about it.

this is a super interesting concept. i wouldn't have ever seen a rolling jazz gait fit either of these tracks, but they dovetail very nicely together with this level of expressive playing. i love how much space you put into the arrangement, letting some of the chords ring and sit for a bit. the increasing intensity and tempo at 1:48 is great too - the hurried feel is very disconcerting, especially paired with a bunch of normal major chords on top with no extensions, it just feels very different. coming back to the more introspective A material at 2:55 is a great way to end it.

easy vote. excellent work.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2021/10/24 - (2Y) Final Fantasy 8 "The Infested Arena" *PROJECT*
  • Liontamer pinned this topic

Great use of dynamics throughout. The expression is given life through the jazzier gait, as well as the velocity of the notes. In that sense the dynamics are moving on two axes, and the performance is great.

The arrangement works really well, and it's a seamless blend of the sources. I wasn't familiar with either, but listening to them after your rendition, it's clear you've done a great job combining them into a cohesive piece. The climax at 2:20-2:50 packs a decent punch, and then the delicate finish circles back nicely. No complaints from me!

YES

• DarkSim changed the title to 2021/10/24 - (3Y) Final Fantasy 8 "The Infested Arena" *PROJECT*
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04494 - *YES* Final Fantasy 8 "The Infested Arena" *PROJECT*
  • Liontamer locked and unpinned this topic