OCR04532 - *YES* Metroid Prime, Super Metroid & Metroid "Frozen Echoes"

Emunator

Hi.

Here’s my latest submission. Hope you like it.

It’s a remix of three themes from different Metroid-games.

I did this remix back in 2018. But after friend of mine worked on several of his songs with musicians from fiverr I thought I could try this too and replace the violin (that was played with a sampled version from the »Vienna Symphonic Library«) with a real one. It was a very good decision because nothing can beat a real instrument.

You could listen to it here: 

Contact Information
Your ReMixer name: Gaspode
Your real name:
Your email address:
Your website: –
Your userid: 26608

Submission Information
Name of game(s) arranged:
»Metroid Prime«
»Super Metroid«
»Metroid«

Name of arrangement:
Frozen Echoes

Name of individual song(s) arranged:
»Phendrana Drifts« from »Metroid Prime«
»Maridia (Rocky Underwater Area)« from »Super Metroid«
»Title Theme« from »Metroid«

Additional information:
Metroid Prime, Nintendo Gamecube, Music by Kenji Yamamoto and Kouichi Kyuma
Super Metroid, SNES, Music by Kenji Yamamoto and Minako Hamano
Metroid, NES, Music by Hirokazu Tanaka

Link to the original soundtracks:

Bye

• 2 months later...

Mmm, delicious.  Going through the trouble of getting a live violinist was absolutely worth it.  I was expecting a pretty mellow synth piece up until 1:20 when the violin joined in with the Maridia theme, but then, wham.  On one hand, I don't like how you have to wait so long for the best part, but on the other hand, you generate a lovely tension while it builds up to that point.

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that 1:49-2:59 is mostly repeated from earlier in the piece.  Normally a whole minute of repetition out of less than 4 minutes would be objectionable, but the stuff it's repeating is so good that I don't have a problem with it.  And it's not precisely repeated, anyway.

Let's get this posted, please.

YES

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2022/05/26 - (1Y) Metroid Prime "Frozen Echoes"
  • 3 weeks later...

love the opening synth. some really subtle stuff in the intro which is nice. the bass and pads come in at about 0:30 and they're really warm, i like that. phendrana drifts comes in at 0:44 and it's still very calm, continuing to add elements over time. there's a big cut at 1:15, and the vin comes in at 1:18 with a beautiful swell. there's a really neat organic vibe to this entire section, with the violin contrasted against the stutter synths and bass. 1:52 has a break of sorts, and phendrana comes back in on the piano at 2:11. there's indeed some repeated stuff in this section.

violin's back in at 2:28, and it again is just mildly creepy with the glissandi next to the guitar in the background. there's a main theme cameo right at the end as the track spins down. there's some really neat sound design right at the end.

this is great. it's just a touch quiet for my tastes, but there's so much quiet energy and atmosphere in this track which makes it perfect for a metroid remix. excellent job.

YES

• prophetik music changed the title to 2022/05/26 - (2Y) Metroid Prime "Frozen Echoes"
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2022/05/26 - (3Y) Metroid Prime, Super Metroid & Metroid "Frozen Echoes"
  • 3 weeks later...

The atmosphere in this track is perfect for the cold chill of space, and the timbre of the instruments is a big part of creating that feeling. On second listen though, the initial phrase played by the synth seems out of place. I wonder if starting the track at 0:09 would have been a better arrangement decision? Regardless, it's a minor point in what's otherwise a very well crafted arrangement. You've blended the three sources marvellously into one very cohesive piece.

The live violin sounds great, and what a good idea to find an artist on fiverr! The ambience of the backing serves to accentuate the violin in the best way. Finally, the uneasiness of the reversed samples at the end teases at some further mystery just around the corner. Looking forward to your next submission!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2022/05/26 - *YES* Metroid Prime, Super Metroid & Metroid "Frozen Echoes"
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04532 - *YES* Metroid Prime, Super Metroid & Metroid "Frozen Echoes"
  • Liontamer locked this topic