Your ReMixer name: Pixel Pirates
Your real name: Tobaunta Torkelsson
Your email address: 

Your website: pixelpirates.nu
Your userid: 37469 

Name of game(s) arranged: A Robot Named Fight
Name of arrangement: A Pirate Named Fight
Name of individual song(s) arranged: The Factory 

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc: A Robot Named Fight is an indie game made by one person, but it does not show because the game is just pure awesome. After playing many hours of the game and talking with the person who made the game, I felt like remixing his game would help spread the word of the game. The Original song is very dark to fit the gore theme of the game but since our kind of music is happier compared to that then this is the way we try to go but not too far to lose the original soundtrack completely.

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

i can't say this is my favorite original track 😃 the game looks pretty neat for a one-person game though.

right off the bat, the increased pace is obvious. the initial lead with melodic content is surprisingly similar to the original, interestingly enough. the little bit of glide you gave it it makes it more enjoyable to listen to, though. there's some rising tension to the kick and bass entering at 0:54. it's very boomy here - a huge peak at ~70hz is driving it sounding so dense - and the snare is quiet and the hats quieter. there's a dropoff at 1:22 and short break, and then it's back with copy-pasta from 0:54 for a bit. the snare cuts out at one point, and then it's just basses and lead at 2:07 with some nice pad sustain lightly in the background. the snare and some countermelodic material from the original shows up at 2:30, and there's a drop and outro at 2:58 to the end. overall a very conservative arrangement.

overall i don't think there's enough arrangement to consider this. there's actually less going on in the remix than there is in the original - you've got very straightforward drums throughout, a single bass synth doing a rhythmic thing, a light pad, and the melody. there's a small amount of countermelodic material cribbed directly from the original and that's essentially the only thing that's distinctly playing individual notes throughout. there needs to be a lot more to make this original besides just speeding it up and adding more kick. i think it could also use a bit of cleaning up between the kick and bass instrument to prevent it from being so bass-heavy when both the bass and kick are playing.

NO

• prophetik music changed the title to 2022/04/29 - (1N) A Robot Named Fight "A Pirate Named Fight"
  • 1 month later...

I kind of liked the original, and was looking forward to seeing what you did with it.  Unfortunately, proph is right: it's simple and underdeveloped.  The source isn't super complex, but it is lengthy, and has some solid harmonies, chords, and textures, none of which is true about this remix.

It's a very thin soundscape: you've got a lead, a loud, boomy kick, some tiny snares, a pretty quiet ambient pad, and sometimes a counterpoint.  Most of the synths are very simple ones with not much in the way of harmonics.  The result is an overall sound that comes across as empty and incomplete.

I could comment on the arrangement as well, but I'd just be copying proph.

NO

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2022/04/29 - (2N) A Robot Named Fight "A Pirate Named Fight"

This one starts out with a nice atmosphere, but unfortunately doesn't develop as much as it should, as the track goes on. The bass arp is kinda cool, but all the synth sounds you've chosen sound fairly simple, and there isn't enough part writing to distract from that simplicity.

Kick is very boomy and snare lacks any kind of presence. On top of that, the percussion writing is very basic. There isn't much in the way of fills and transitions between sections.

This one needs a lot more work in pretty much all areas, I'm afraid. It sounds unfinished in its current state, lacking attention to detail - even the ending is cut off too early. You've got the bones of it, now flesh them out!

NO

• DarkSim changed the title to *NO* A Robot Named Fight "A Pirate Named Fight"
  • Liontamer changed the title to *NO* A Robot Named Fight! "A Pirate Named Fight"