OCR04537 - *YES* Final Fantasy 10 "The Flooded Temple"

Chimpazilla

Remixer name: Bluelighter
ID forum: 21840

Game & Songs: Final Fantasy X & Underwater Ruins ; No Hopes, No Dreams
Composer: Junya Nakano & Nobuo Uemastu & Masashi Hamauzu  

Hi OCR!

Here is a piano arrangement of two themes heard at the beginning of the game. In the history, it was when Tidus (the main character) discovered a desolated word. J. Nakano made an atmosphere track for Underwater Ruins, a little scary. However, the melody had some delicacy. 

I’ve tried to adapt this in my arrangement (parts 1 to 3 and 9, cf. breackdown). About part 3, it the same melody but with a more marked rhythm like in the original. 

There was also a stressful side in the original piece. At part 1 and 4, we retrieve the strange harmony of the original. At part 4, I’ve added some ornaments based on these harmonies.

“No hopes, no dreams” (N. Uematsu) came naturally after “Underwater”. Musically, some common harmonies allowed me to make my transition. These parts (6 to 8 ) are more powerful with a more marked rhythm.  

The piece ends by parts 9, delicate part similar to part 2. 

Enjoy !

BREAKDOWN  

1- 0'00 Underwater (1'04-2'00) 
2- 0'26 Underwater (0'-0'30) 
3- 1'27 Underwater (0'30-1'04) 
4- 2’00 Underwater (1'04-2'00) 
5- 2’29 No Hopes (0'23-0'38) 
6- 2’44 No Hopes (0'10-0'23, the key transposition) & Underwater (0'30-1'04) 

7- 2’58 No Hope (0'38-1'20) 
8- 3’25 No Hopes (0'23-0'38) 
9- 3'43 Underwater (0'-0'30) 

• Liontamer changed the title to 2022/06/05 - Final Fantasy 10 "The Flooded Temple"
  • 1 month later...
  • MindWanderer changed the title to 2022/06/05 - (1Y) Final Fantasy 10 "The Flooded Temple"

the intro is in a 3-3-2 pattern in the left hand with some great flourishes in the right - love the energy. after this, the underwater theme is brought in with a flowing arpeggiated line underneath the melodic material. this picks up with a switch to triple meter around 1:28 - this flows so well, great concept. 2:00 brings back the rolls in the right hand, and it flows right into no hopes so seamlessly. excellent concept.

the use of big blocks of chords to punctuate the part before the no hopes melodic material at about 2:52 is inspired - totally unlike anything else in the piece, and does a great job defining a totally new feel. this trickles down and goes back to the underwater theme with the flowing arpeggios in the left hand. this is a nice bookend to the piece. the the maj7 chords to finish it are great.

easy vote. beautiful arrangement.

YES

Edited by prophetik music
missing a word

• prophetik music changed the title to 2022/06/05 - (2Y) Final Fantasy 10 "The Flooded Temple"
  • 4 weeks later...

The references to "Underwater (0'30-1'04)" and "Underwater (1'04-2'00)" felt more fleeting, but otherwise the breakdown was accurate, so the source usage was all over the place. The adaptation of the "Underwater (0'-0'30)" section was easily my favorite aspect of this piece. Beautiful arrangement to piano, including the original accompaniment. Nice job, Guillaume!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2022/06/05 - (3Y) Final Fantasy 10 "The Flooded Temple"
  • 2 months later...

Easy close-out vote from me. I love the way you play with the timing in the middle section. The dynamics of the piece are great, giving the full range of expression, and rounding off with a beautiful finish.

Also interestingly, the first part of the melody from "No Hopes" sounds very similar to the beginning of Greensleeves, an old English folk song. Thanks for bringing that source to my attention!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04537 - *YES* Final Fantasy 10 "The Flooded Temple"
  • Liontamer locked this topic