OCR04427 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Watercolours"

Liontamer

I particularly liked the layered/distant choir, here; it blends nicely with the pads and creates an ambient oasis, but you can still make out individual articulations and voices and details, and it's quite striking; a lesser choir sample would have worked, given the usage is masked/blended, but I sure am glad we got this one instead - elevates the mix.

11 hours ago, djpretzel said:

I particularly liked the layered/distant choir, here; it blends nicely with the pads and creates an ambient oasis, but you can still make out individual articulations and voices and details, and it's quite striking; a lesser choir sample would have worked, given the usage is masked/blended, but I sure am glad we got this one instead - elevates the mix.

I came in to say almost the exact same thing. Big picture, that choir isn't a major or even necessary part of the mix, but taking the time to add those articulations is a really cool touch, some real above-and-beyond stuff. And it blends so well with the piano.

I'm usually not that into this style, but this is some really excellent work. Definitely will be coming back to this mix regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

Done right, Trance can be an incredible musical journey that builds and ends in the best, most natural ways, and by my ears, this is certainly done right. Over seven minutes and it stayed interesting the entire time. Gotta echo the love for the choir and piano, that was a beautiful section. Definitely a no-brainer for me to add to my playlist. 

• 10 months later...