OCR04500 - Final Fantasy XIV "In Mountains We Will Sleep"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to talk about how this track makes me feel.  That's not something I usually talk about, but this seems to be the appropriate time to do so.

Optimism and hopefulness.  Wonder and amazement.  Eyes open to the possibility of a new world or first-time experience.

This is truly an ode to your son as I know you will give him everything possible within this world.  I have no attachment to the source or Final Fantasy XIV at all, and the thought of all of this has brought joy and warmth to me today.

Stunning, emotive, and breathtaking.  Bravo.

As always, I love how Shariq creates such a rich soundscape with sounds that are, on their own, fairly simple. Rich and lush. The percussion work especially stands out.

But man..... I can also hear so much emotion packed into this mix. The whole thing is just gushing with the sense of the fragile-yet-infinite potential of a new born child.

This is in conversation for Shariq's best. I love how much thought he put into the arrangement about connecting Ala Mhigo to India here. The whole thing comes together fantastically well, and I like that it manages to have a little Dad-joke energy with the slightly-forced Prelude sweep in the mix. It just feels right, haha...and it fits the narrative of this piece as a gift / example to his son perfectly.

• 4 months later...

So, I've been a looooong time lurker to the site. And for a while I've wanted to go through and leave comments on a bunch of songs that have meant something to me throughout the years. But as I've slowly been adding to my playlist, I've started trying to go back and read through the inspiration to songs Like I used to do when I had a lot more free time. And in this song, that inspiration seems to shine through almost perfectly.

And maybe it's the mention of music that affected one's childhood, but in many ways, it reminds me of the ocean trader market from the islands of adventure soundtrack. For me, that always felt like the perfect soundtrack for a sort of warm and comforting sense of adventure. And this song gives me that same sense of warmth. And it's almost certainly because, in many ways, this song represents the love of a newborn child and the optimistic hope of a bright and warm future for them. a truly beautiful job well done.