Frets on Fire - PC Guitar Hero Clone

CE

Eh. I was almost really impressed because I thought the position of the remote controlled what fret he was playing. Oh well, the uber awkward five-fingers on less-than-five-buttons doesn't look comfortable or easy to control.

Either way, it'd be impossible or nearly impossible to do chords.

I'll tell you right now: there's no hammer-ons or pull-offs yet, and whammy bar looks almost impossible to implement, but all the Guitar Hero basics are there.

I'll have to point out that I've played guitar hero just a couple of times (SHAME ON ME! OH THE SHAME!) so I'm not that familiar with it. I was going to buy GH2 now though. My expectations are basically that I can have a good rock experience and lots of fun at the same time :P

I found a Frets on Fire song by Ailsean. He has done several remixes for this site but this song wasn't released on ocremix. The actual song can be found on his personal website. The Frets on Fire version is found here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZK2Y4F3

The song is called Surfing on the Blocks. It is a Tetris remix on medium difficulty and is pretty fun and mostly accurate. Sorry if you don't like megaupload.

I don't listen to many remixes on this site other than the major full game releases but if I find another one I'll post a link.

Look for a PS2/USB converter on the net so you can play FoF with the GH controller. Also, if you're going to import GH songs into FoF using the importer, expect it to take a HELL of a long time.

Yeah sadorf already told me that it can be done :D

does anyone has any song recommendations for a noob like me? I do well in medium already (only played it yesterda, so I can't hit awesome yet, the f4-f5 gap is killing me =( ) so i need more songs in the easy-normal range.

Absolutely all the GH/GHII songs. In the FoF Tune Tradin' forum, find the thread made by cama. His English is awful, but he's posting the highest quality GHII songs.

Sadly, most of the fan-made songs, as I've mentioned before, are usually way too hard. Some song makers are getting together to make organized song packs with all difficulties, though.

Sadly, most of the fan-made songs, as I've mentioned before, are usually way too hard. Some song makers are getting together to make organized song packs with all difficulties, though.

Yeah, many of the song creators don't realize you can't hit 10 notes a second in this game cuz of lack of HO/POs. Several songs I've tried are downright impossible, even on Medium.

Yeah, many of the song creators don't realize you can't hit 10 notes a second in this game cuz of lack of HO/POs. Several songs I've tried are downright impossible, even on Medium.

Yeah. Some people are planning for the future, though. HO/POs are planned for future versions of the game and mods of it. I'm still a GH n00b, so I don't play past Easy much (but I try).

By the way, my OCR song pack thread is coming really soon. I just need to hear back from a few key people, then it's on.

Yeah. Some people are planning for the future, though. HO/POs are planned for future versions of the game and mods of it. I'm still a GH n00b, so I don't play past Easy much (but I try).

I play the three FoF default songs on medium, most songs I've found I have played them on easy though, they are extremely hard specially when they use the fifth button, because the gap between f4 and f5 in my keyboard is HUGE.

By the way, my OCR song pack thread is coming really soon. I just need to hear back from a few key people, then it's on.

I am eagerly waiting for that. Is there some Goat in there? there should be! I really hope :P

I play the three FoF default songs on medium, most songs I've found I have played them on easy though, they are extremely hard specially when they use the fifth button, because the gap between f4 and f5 in my keyboard is HUGE.

FoF Medium is the equivalent of GH Hard and FoF Easy is the equivalent of GH Medium. If you haven't played much GH it's best to stay with Easy I guess. I beat all of GH on Hard and all but the last 2 normal songs and 3 bonus songs on Expert so playing FoF on Easy is fairly boring to me. Plus, you can't fail songs in FoF so even if I'm playing badly on Medium it's still fun unless the songs are poorly designed and/or impossible.

FoF Medium is the equivalent of GH Hard and FoF Easy is the equivalent of GH Medium. If you haven't played much GH it's best to stay with Easy I guess. I beat all of GH on Hard and all but the last 2 normal songs and 3 bonus songs on Expert so playing FoF on Easy is fairly boring to me. Plus, you can't fail songs in FoF so even if I'm playing badly on Medium it's still fun unless the songs are poorly designed and/or impossible.

I can play on normal just fine on all FoF songs. And I would be able to play the GH songs on FoF's normal if it wasn't for the gap =(. Hopefully my GH guitar will solve this when it arrives.

The alpha was released, IIRC. There's a big disclaimer now in the original scorehero thread threatening a ban for asking someone who got it before it was taken down to send it to them.

But yeah, I want to try it now. Did anyone get it before it was taken down? Or know where we could get it?

People I talked to that played it said the lag was bad on it, but it was an alpha anyway. Either which way, it was retarded for the people at kokuto or whatever it was site to post a blog review of something that was alpha, and something they knew nothing about. All it was in context was someone jealous that they couldn't make something like that, and then deleted anything positive anyone posted about it as comments to the blog. What a bunch of homos.

People I talked to that played it said the lag was bad on it, but it was an alpha anyway. Either which way, it was retarded for the people at kokuto or whatever it was site to post a blog review of something that was alpha, and something they knew nothing about. All it was in context was someone jealous that they couldn't make something like that, and then deleted anything positive anyone posted about it as comments to the blog. What a bunch of homos.

I agree. What bothers me the most is that the people who were negative and being harsh about it didn't even seem to understand that it was a friggin alpha version, and nowhere near complete. Plus, it makes the GH fan community look bad as a whole.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I have two songs split up into separate tracks so far: EvilHorde's DSoP remix, and a song from Game Over's second album. I just don't have the time to fret these out myself, and the FoF community doesn't seem to have any interest, either. If there's anyone here who thinks they're decent at making FoF/Freetar songs, let me know and I'll pass the songs on to you.