Need midi software, help?

Zipp

Hey everyone. I'm using a Yamaha Dgx220, and I'm on a Mac running OSX. I'll need a USB-Midi driver to pull songs onto my computer (so I can finally submit them!).

Anyone know where I can find the appropriate driver? I should be able to download it somewhere, right? I'm not very good with computers, so any help would be highly appreciated!

You really should be looking at www.yamaha.com (US site) for that. They will most likely have the latest drivers for both Windowns and Macintosh.

Or are you looking for a piece of software to make things? In that case, for mac, GarageBand sounds like an idea.

Thanks! Looking for both, and on your reccomendation, found both. Now just hope they work. I've got a Max Payne remix to add to the site if they do...

I thought it came with OSX?

That's what I thought, but I don't have it. But then, I got OSX a couple years ago. Maybe GB wasn't out yet or they weren't bundling it?

Oh, or maybe it's on one of my startup discs... I'll have to find those.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! Looking for both, and on your reccomendation, found both. Now just hope they work. I've got a Max Payne remix to add to the site if they do...

did you get your dgx220 to work with the Mac?

i'm trying to hook it up but the mac simply doesn't see it. tried looking for drivers, but couldn't find them on yamaha's web-site (and it'd be odd for a mac to require a driver for something like that, i think, but anyway)

is there anything I need to "switch on" on the piano itself to enable sending sound to a computer?

Hey everyone. I'm using a Yamaha Dgx220, and I'm on a Mac running OSX. I'll need a USB-Midi driver to pull songs onto my computer (so I can finally submit them!).

Anyone know where I can find the appropriate driver? I should be able to download it somewhere, right? I'm not very good with computers, so any help would be highly appreciated!

When you say "pull songs onto my computer" you want to transfer the songs you wrote on the DGX onto your computer correct?

I own a DGX 202, and with mine that is not possible. And i'm pretty sure its not on yours. All the DGX can do within that area is transfer midi from your computer to the DGX.

If thats what your talking about, this is the software you need..http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_europe/download/products/10_musical_instruments/portable_keyboards/portatone_psr_series/EZ_30/index.php?country=uk

although, like I said, it probably will not work.