OCR00678 - Breath of Fire "Epitaph of Alan and Cerl"

Ginnsu

Good piece, and some good arrangement, but it has it's quirks, and shows it's age.

Samples aren't the best quality, and it was distracting to me. Not the worst quality either, but they could use an upgrade. The piano grates on me.

Overall, I would love to hear more variation on the source. There's some work in the background, but the melody really needs some work. Some more original stuff would be cool, too.

Still an enjoyable listen, but I'd love to hear it upgraded with better sounds and some more arrangement.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Good stuff, this remix has a lot of charm to it, especially considering it's age. Nice tempo changes, and a generally relaxing but nostalgic/sad mood. I really like the prominence of the piano in the mix, it anchors things well.

There's a lot of nitpicky realism issues, but they are minor, and the mix still holds up well, with good textures and a progressive narrative.

Not perfect, but very classy.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00678 - Breath of Fire "Epitaph of Alan and Cerl"