OCR00105 - Lemmings (DOS) "DABOMB"

Lemmings 'DABOMB'

Short and sweet by dabombinc. Making use of a drum and bass type loop incorporating a voice sample to keep the groove, some smallish synths for the main tune and some nice reverb, the song plays along bringing loops in and out. Pretty standard stuff here, but it is well done, and some good panning is used. Keeps at a steady pace, not too fast, just right.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I cannot express in words how this remix makes me feel. But i`ll try.

some people do incredibly flash remixes that sound like they came straight out of a tip-top pop studio in stockholm. others do grungy, dirty mixes that sound like they came from under someones bed.

This one seems to be created using pure emotions. It actually puts in musical form the emotions i felt when i first played lemmings on the Amiga. I was lucky enough to get an A500+ amiga for christmas, way back in 1993(i think), featuring the cartoon classics software pack. This tune takes me back to that cold winter in a warm house, playing lemmings (which back then was the gaming equivalent of crack cocain). I remember being totally overwhelmed by my amiga that year, my last c64 had died 3 months earlier and i`d asked for another one for christmas. I was expecting a c64, not the classic cream and brown model but the lesser tan and cream c64c that incorperated the later (MUCH inferior) revision of the SID. Instead i got (for the time) a monster of a machine that blew me away. I mean it changed my life. The music from lemmings, even now makes me go a bit gooey, but this remix is just so spot on perfect for the tune. I must have listened to it more than a hundred times since i downloaded it a couple of years ago. I considered remixing this tune myself, but then gave up. I know that i will never do a version this good. Its not about technical skills or orchestration. In any other tune that overused break would have sounded lame. but here it just fits like a glove. the clean synths with slight resonant changes are simple but perfect. The reverb is just enough, not bouncing all over the place and not stopping to short. Everything from the original tune that needed to be there is there.

I can`t recomend this tune highly enough. For me personally its close to being the best tune on here (tho i haven`t downloaded them all so don`t hold me to it)

Download it NOW!

Then listen to it :)

Then SMILE! :)

Can you review a review? No? Well, acting like the anarchistic son-of-a-bitch I am, I'll do it anyway! ;)

That was the best review I've read here on the OCR forums. A lovely tribute to this, somewhat overlooked, remix. After reading, I can really understand your feelings towards this particular song, even if I can't say I share them with you. Nostalgia plays a big part in this.

To mention Stockholm (home, sweet home), as a centre of slick producions, was nice touch too. :)

About the song: Well. I like this one too. I remember playing Lemmings like a maniac. Eventually I had to accept being beaten by the game.

Yet, I don't feel this special something that d0d0 speaks of. Only Monkey Island music can do that to me.

To me, this is another well done remix.

Respect.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I figured out who the original Creator is

It says on the Title screen for Pocket Tanks that

"Music by Eliran Ben-Ishai 'DNA-Groove'"

please please please at least look at the game, even if you hate it you can at least be sure that I was right about the music

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the suggestion that this song was plagiarized (it isn't):

please please please at least look at the game, even if you hate it you can at least be sure that I was right about the music
but I still think that this is the theme music for Pocket Tanks

Hmm, let's see.

- Lemmings - 'DABOMB' Posted: 2000-08-28

- Quote from Pocket Tanks sites: "Pocket Tanks revealed - June 23, 2001 ... Public beta is scheduled for July 31, 2001."

Next time before you spout off and malign one of the best mixes on the site with your rubbish, try doing some research. Unless of course you think it's possible that dabombinc blatantly stole a song from almost a year in the future from when the mix was originally submitted.

Sorry if this causes more drama, but I felt the need to defend the song against ignorant trolls like this one. It's truly one of the best out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I LOVE THIS! It reminds me of the good old days when I used to play this game for hours with my best friends who have since moved away.

:cry:

Listening to this reminded me of those days and I was filled with extreme joy and happiness. I almost cried!

After listening to this a couple hundred times I immediatly dug through my CDs and was surprised that I still had my old CD rom version of the game! YAY! I played it for quite a while after that but was dissapointed that I could not get the music to work. NOOOO! So instead I made myself I playlist of all the lemmings music I could find and theat did the job.

H00rAy for lemmings!

I_m_so_awesomesmall.JPG

(That's not supposed to be a lemming. It's just me)

Hrmmm. I made the mistake of reading all the reviews before I listened to the song. That, of course, made me expect something extremely amazing here. Well, it's great that this guy is remixing a game with music as great as Lemmings - but I gotta say that I was a little disappointed in this version. It loops through the intro melody a little too much for me, and although it does hold some nice atmosphere; the dance/techno style wasn't how I remembered the original song, and it doesn't really build up... it just uses the same 1 beat throughout the whole song overtop of the old melody. It's ok, but doesn't really incorporate anything I haven't seen before; so I wouldn't say that it's great (the 'sonar' type instrument in the background was a cool addition though). If you want to hear the original version off the CD, here it is:

http://www.adhesiveboy.no-ip.com/ftp/otherjunk/Track%2015%20-%20Lemmings.wma

I actually like the songs on the disk version better than the CD's 23 tracks though, as you get to hear them keep repeating forever - and they seem to hold something a little deeper in their simpler format (certainly wonderful enough to make me want to cry sometimes! Ahhh, Lemmings music is so great!). Like I said, reading all these reviews was awesome; and it's an ok remix... but I think this guy could have gone alot farther with the variety in this one (which would, of course, give the composer alot more freedom to give the song a longer length too). Mazedude's Lemmings song is still by far my favorite on the site; but it's cool that there are other people who see the potential in these classic tunes. :)

• 3 months later...

What Grey Ninja said. I never wanted to download from here because of all the chaos, but the Torrent is great. I listened through all 500 tracks, grayscale after grayscale, but only when this one came up I ejaculated spontaneously. I love it. It's simple but it rocks, and I've had it on single repeat for the last 5 hours. I need to download the Lemmings soundtrack some time.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've had this tune in my head for alooooong time and it's been buggin me to where it was from....but i came across this remix of lemmings and it instantly brought back some great memories and answered my problem....this is definatly one of the best remixes ive heard here....its a nice blend of old skool funk and that happy lemmings sample....great work man

• 6 months later...

was just listening through a collection of my favourite OC Remixes I have saved in my music folder and decided this was my favourite out of all of those, and just came back to post that fact here.

It's chilled it makes me all fuzzy inside.

Pretty, very pretty.

• 1 month later...

Answer this truthfully: After playing Lemmings for a couple of minutes, who hasn't fallen in love with the game? This remix is a great version of the original, and it would be superb in a remade Lemmings game. I think that the dabombinc. should try and do a huge medly of Lemmings songs. If they all come out as good as this one did, and the transitions are well done, you could have an award-winning remix on your hands! ^_^

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00105 - Lemmings (DOS) "DABOMB"