Student Game

EquinoxGames

Hi. My name is Joel Gascho and I'm a game development student at Full Sail.

I'm currently working on my final project. The team I am working with, called Equinox Games, is making a fantasy themed RTS for the PC. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making some original music for our game. You would receive full credit for it, and since we are planning on entering it in next year's Independent Games Festival, you could receive some major recognition from it. Unfortunately, because of the strict rules for entering the IGF, all work on our game must be done by students; this includes high school, college, and university students.

If you our interested please email me at

You also gave us no information about your game at all.

QFE.

People here have gotten burned in the past by similar such requests, so it'd be good to give more detail - since you go to Full Sail, it may be a good idea to look for other OCR regulars there. Ramaniscence, an #ocremix op, goes to school there I know, and undoubtedly there're others.

If you want anyone to help, post again with a description of the game and a description of the music you want. How many tracks do you want? How long should they be? What styles or genres? What will be happening in-game for each of the tracks (menu screen, animation/video, gameplay?) You said it's a fantasy-themed RTS; do you want different music for different races? Different music for different maps?

People around here tend to get interested in something only when they know enough about it, so the more you say, the more likely you are to get involvement. Screenshots and as many details about the game as you can reveal at this point will only help you. Depending on your needs, be prepared to consider having multiple people do your music.

Sorry about not posting a better description before. Here is a brief overview of the game:

Excanto takes place in a fantasy world where rival magi, called Overlords, attempt to conquer their opponents. Using their ability to summon creatures, the Overlords create armies to battle one another, until only one Overlord remains. The summoned creatures can all interact with their environment in different ways, and it is an efficient use of terrain that can prove to be the difference between victory and defeat.

For the menus in the game, we would like at least one song that is deep and thought provoking made with a piano or stringed instruments for the main menu as well as its submenus and perhaps if it is possible two more tracks, one more uplifting and one more sombre for the victory/defeat screen shown at the end of a battle. As for the gameplay tracks, we would like a couple tracks, all about four to five minutes in length covering a range of dynamics from slower, more melodic parts to more intense, fast-paced parts. We would also like a couple tracks that are more epic and glorious to be dynamically switched to for an epic battle scene.

Again, we are Equinox Games, a game development student final project group at Full Sail looking for artists to do some songs for our game Excanto. We would like to submit our game to the Independent Gaming Festival this fall which requires us to only use assets created by students, therefore we apologize but we can only accept assets from students. If we do use your work, you will be fully credited and you can use our game for your resume once it is completed. Thanks again!

You can also contact us on our forums: forums.equinoxgames.com

Or by contacting our asset lead Tim Beneke at: TBeneke@equinoxgames.com