SPOILERS: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Zombie

Ted Lupin. You got your Tonkses mixed.

ALSO:

Ted Lupin, son of a werewolf (Remus).

Victoire Weasley, daughter of a semi-werewolf (Bill).

Think it not ironic/planned?

The bigger "coincidences" are between Harry and Ted.

Both had their parents killed by dark wizards while still infants.

Family friends turned godfathers become their last remaining family (in Ted's case he still had Andromeda, I guess, although he "practically lived" at Harry's anyway).

Those godfather dies (even if Harry comes back to life, or didn't really die, or whatever).

Both wind up falling for a Weasley, last we saw.

I just got into the Harry Potter craze a few months before Deathly Hollows dropped. I liked Hallows, although personally I was hoping Harry would have used the stone to call Snape up and at least apologize for hating him so much/thinking he was evil

• 2 weeks later...
Hrm.

Incomplete, probably, and from another source, with some additions:

-Charity Burbage

-Hedwig

-Mad-Eye Moody

-Bathilda Bagshot

-Dobby

-Pettigrew

-Gregovitch

-Grindelwald (?)

-Lupin

-Tonks

-Colin Creevey

-Fred Weasley

-Crabbe

-Snape

-Voldemort

-The muggle family of five (pg 439)

-The goblins Voldemort kills in Gringotts

-Ted Tonks

-Dirk Cresswell

-Gornuk

-Scrimgeour

Don't forget to add the "Harry Potter series" to the list of those who died... :D

Spoilerz!...........

Finally finished the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I then immediately read this thread just to witness the lulz that I'd been missing out on.

Good death lists. I wil probably use them for reference later. I agree that the some of the deaths seemed gratuitus, but I mean they were mostly minor characters. I mean, Mad-Eye spent his entire life trying to fight dark magic and survive attacks. He was bound to bite it sooner or later. Hedwig made me lol. At first I was like "Oh, SNA..." then he exploded and I was like, "was that really necessary"

Even though Dobby's death was entirely called for (should have been more graphic, tho,) I can't help feeling sorry for him.

I liked the back-story more than what was going on in the present, I think. Learning about the past kind of brought things full circle, I guess.

Case in point, right before Harry's "final" duel with Voldermort where he keeps whining about his lasts moments. I was just like "you're not going to die, and if you do, hurry up!"

But, all-in-all a good closing to the series, epilogue and all.

PS. Who else thought Hugo is a random name for a wizard kid?