A free $6,000 mastering bundle? WTF?

Ok, so I've been looking for some good mastering vst's for a while and stumbled upon Waves Mercury mastering bundle. It has almost 200 mastering and other kinds of FX and runs about $6,000... Apparently though, you can dowload it from them for free if you have an account there... for free.

For free...

WTF? I don't want them coming and asking for money if i download this thing thinking its free. Anyone know whats going on?

Here's the link: http://www.waves.com/SpecialPage.aspx?id=96

It's probably not full... And God, I hate cheap tricks. I downloaded this one program (can't remember the name of it, but it sounded great!), got ready to use it, held down C sharp on my keyboard, and it almost blew my eardrum with this loud hissing sound. The program cost about three hundred bucks, but unfortunately I couldn't buy it because I had to pay for HOSPITAL BILLS! I found some sick irony in this. =/

... because I had to pay for HOSPITAL BILLS! I found some sick irony in this. =/

HAhahhahaha!! Seriously.... that just made my morning.

Hope your better now.

As for the software, I think you guys are too cynical. I mean, are we so tainted by commercial society that we cannot fathom the concept of a group freely distributing their goods? Is selflessness such a thing of the past? And if you yourself cannot beleive in such a concept, how can you act on it? A smile is infectious, just as a good deed. We should embrace this act and gain all we can from it, at the least a lesson on humanity, a lesson of love and compassion for fellow human beings.

I mean, are we so tainted by commercial society that we cannot fathom the concept of a group freely distributing their goods?

I'm not. The only commercial thing I have in my studio is Renoise [~$72], everything else was free, and I think I get pretty damn good results. I guess I could get a free sequencer or tracker too, but Renoise is just too fucking awesome and it's actually fairly priced.

And yes, I USED to have a bunch of pirated stuff, but once you know what you're looking for on kvraudio.com, NI Komplete and overpriced shit like that is redundant and pointless. The only thing I need to pay big money for is ethnic instruments, because there is, sadly, no free alternative to QL RA or EthnoWorld.

I skimp on FX plugins, too. I'm just not gonna shell out $300 for a reverb, no matter how crisp and pristine it sounds. Plenty of people think it's worth it though. I feel bad for those people.