PRC100: It's a Swingin' Web-spinnin' Celebration! (Spider-Man / X-Men) [RESULTS]

Rexy

Strange, most people said that they didn't tag the Artist field. I'll look into it; it's hard enough trying to host these tracks on ThaSauce anyway, at least at this rate.

[EDIT: okay, even if I DO mess around with the artist field, it looks as if ALL operations have to take place outside ThaSauce for this one competition. Not even renaming artist fields at ThaSauce would let me host more than one entry as "Anonymous PRC Contestant". This is getting a little awkward if you know what I mean. o_O]

Strange, most people said that they didn't tag the Artist field. I'll look into it; it's hard enough trying to host these tracks on ThaSauce anyway, at least at this rate.

[EDIT: okay, even if I DO mess around with the artist field, it looks as if ALL operations have to take place outside ThaSauce for this one competition. Not even renaming artist fields at ThaSauce would let me host more than one entry as "Anonymous PRC Contestant". This is getting a little awkward if you know what I mean. o_O]

i'm wondering why i spent money to maintain a webspace and a bandwith ? :roll:

Ah, Doulifee; I know you might have been a little angered by the positions of the web files, but the big issue for me was whether your FTP server would be fast enough to get the entries up ready for voting. Sorry if I disturbed you with the move; if I see you on MSN tonight we'll discuss it.

The tags have been fixed, however ThaSauce STILL won't let me host more than one entry, even if I use different accounts (must be an IP restriction system, I see; nice work analoq :D). I suppose PMs will have to be used for the source of this competition. I'm also willing to add an extra day to the voting to make up for this early hassle.

Ah, Doulifee; I know you might have been a little angered by the positions of the web files, but the big issue for me was whether your FTP server would be fast enough to get the entries up ready for voting. Sorry if I disturbed you with the move; if I see you on MSN tonight we'll discuss it.

The tags have been fixed, however ThaSauce STILL won't let me host more than one entry, even if I use different accounts (must be an IP restriction system, I see; nice work analoq :D). I suppose PMs will have to be used for the source of this competition. I'm also willing to add an extra day to the voting to make up for this early hassle.

Why not just recruit some people to download the files from the links provided and upload them as "Anonymous contestant" on the compo page? Provided you can move it back to entry stage. Then again, maybe it's too much trouble.

EDIT: Oh, it's still in entry mode. Are you cool with several of us each grabbing one of the songs and uploading?

file are available as soon as they are hosted afaik. and for the positions of the web files, name and idv tag i don't care really during the processing stage of the competiton. I just need proper order/tag once everything is done. :wink:

you are technicaly the competiton holder, so you can use the webspace as you wish to make the competiton run smoothly. i repeat myself here, i just need order for long term archiving.

Yeah, the way I see it is that once the contest is over, I will open up the PRC100 post at ThaSauce as if the contest was still going on, and then everyone can submit their entries (or if three people contribute I could submit the other and edit the name field when doing so). The scores will be inputted with no problem, though the votes would be given a transfer to Douli's server given that I feel that I would face the same situation when trying to host the mixes at TS all over again.

I have no idea how the system works, but if the problem is the same name being repeated, could each mixer's name be, "Anonymous PRC Contestant 1",

"Anonymous PRC Contestant 2", etc.?

The IP thing shouldn't be a problem since people are allowed to submit more than one mix, if I remember correctly. No one has done that using Tha Sauce Compo though.

The problem is, I discovered the fact that multiple entries are impossible at ThaSauce. I did consider trying to make multiple accounts, however in spite of operating with duplicates the system still says that the Anonymous PRC account "has already entered". Odds are the server would sense IP numbers rather than user names, interestingly enough.

it checks for unique usernames as well as IP addresses. the system thought you were trying to flood the server, so it stopped you.

sorry about the mess, i haven't been paying attention to the forums much lately so i didn't know this PRC would be a special case.

i guess it's too late for me to solve the problem? next time, just let me know what you need beforehand, and i'll make sure things run smoothly for you.

cheers.

No worries, Aaron. I just never realised the server would act that way to be honest. Either way, sure, I'll discuss with you beforehand prior to getting something launched.

I don't even have a clue how the ThaSauce servers might even react, so this is what's going to happen. This PRC's voting will end as normal early Saturday morning, and once that happens I will give the contestants the opportunity to host their tracks on the ThaSauce servers. Due to concern relating to any potential alteration of the standard PRC signature when it comes to timings and whatnot, PRC101 will also begin tomorrow as well. I might as well mention it here before I get any mass mail saying "when's PRC101 coming" and stuff like that.

Time's up. It's time to total the points and see which one swung into first place. Plus, we're also going to reveal who did the individual songs.

Total number of mixes - 4

Total number of votes - 6 (wut?)

Highest possible score - 18

Jaybell sent Flashing Blue Bits into last place with 7 points.

Anorak and his work with Bad Bb Bricolage were assigned for third place with 10 points.

GSlicer wrote August and reached second place with 15 points.

And the winner of PRC100, with 16 points, is Uncanny Orchestra by Nutritious!

Wow, I never thought that an anonymous contest would end up in this much of a pickle :P Justin, you managed to work well. I'm assuming by Larry's reactions to your work for PRC99 that you could have potential to polish up your track for Dirge, so you know what to do. The rest of the path is all up to you on how to impress the pubefro master. :)

PRC101 will be launched in 7 hours. For now, I will open the ThaSauce link for the contestants to upload their entries to the server. Sorry for any hassle relating to TS's system, and I hope to see you all again this afternoon.