Pokemanz ReMix database assignment

Dhsu

I see. It would definitely make sense to just rename the game "Pokemon Red/Blue" or "Pokemon Red & Blue" then, unless there's other game-specific data that's actually relevant to the site database.

Agreed. Of course, yellow needn't be included as it was actually released later.

But, I also recognize it's not a huge enough deal to warrant making a fuss about it. If you're looking for a mix from Pokemon Blue, you'll find Pokemon Red. But looking into the future, you'd run into similar problems with Silver/Gold, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, and other multicolor games. Which of those came first?

Sorry, I just thought I'd try out this jdgfgtdatabase hate. Or something. How'd I do?

The only way I'd say it's justifiable to call it Red or Blue, etc, would be if they somehow integrated a version-specific pokemon call. That is, say, if they called it a Pokemon Blue remix and tossed in some Meowth calls here and there. Something to that effect. Otherwise, it's just Pokemon R/B.

Guys, djpretzel is not ever going to assign more than one game to a remix so please stop discussing it. Look at the way the site and the site database works... it's not even feasible.

I think they are saying that Pokemon Red/Blue should be considered a single game, not that the mix should be listed separately under Red and Blue. Or maybe I am misunderstanding.

Guys, djpretzel is not going to assign more than one game to a remix so please stop discussing it.

That's the thing though, R/B is essentially ONE GAME, only split for the sake of profit. Aside from the dozen-or-so "exclusive" pokemon, it's the exact same game.

On this note, I'm curious. What made this remix be listed as Pokemon RED as compared to Pokemon Blue?

That's the thing though, R/B is essentially ONE GAME, only split for the sake of profit. Aside from the dozen-or-so "exclusive" pokemon, it's the exact same game.

On this note, I'm curious. What made this remix be listed as Pokemon RED as compared to Pokemon Blue?

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=302151&postcount=7

We aren't in the business of simply making up new games for the database... unless Nintendo makes something called "Pokemon Red and Blue" as one cart then I don't think it's going to happen in our DB. Also this has already been thoroughly discussed internally, no one is saying anything that hasn't been brought up in #ocrjudges or in our private forums. So one more time, please drop it.