The Outskirts of Dreamland

***This was moved from its original location in Remixing.

A little while ago (Ok, I lied, a couple years ago), I had this idea to begin a Kirby related project.

Ok, now those who are farmilliar to the Milky Way Wishes Project will find this is somewhat similar. This project is a collection of remixes from the Kirby games paired up with illustrations, a novel and even videos.

* The illustrations can be of any medium as long as they pertain to the games.

* The novel is to be a collaboration of all the Kirby games in a somewhat chronological order (ie. KDL, KDL2, KDL3, K64,) and flowing in an order so it works as a story

* The remixes can be of any genre but preferrably one which pairs up to what's happening. They must be at least 1 minute and 30 seconds long.

* The videos... um, just be creative. I don't care about violence, just NO SEXUALITY OR SWEARING or they will not be accepted into the final project.

The project will cover the following games only:

Kirby's Dreamland

Kirby's Dreamland 2

Kirby's Dreamland 3

Kirby 64

Kirby Superstar (including all the subgames)

Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland

-Please place your submissions in this thread.

Thanks. And have fun!

EDIT: I have written two beta chapters here: http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235069

But feel free to change them in your writings.

Yeah, the premise of this project seems oddly familiar...

Even if you are serious about starting a remix project like this, now is definitely NOT the time to. There are at least a dozen remixing projects already in progress, and a few other site-related projects on top of that. I'd recommend that you wait until some of these are finished before starting a project.

I'd also recommend that you read this thoroughly: http://www.ocremix.org/info/Album_Project_Guidelines

By the way, I wasn't too impressed by your "orchestrated" Dedede remix.

I did mention Milky Way wishes, and I said it was very similar. And this is an independent project, not OCR related. It is mine, my own and I believe it's perfectly okay to start posting my ideas.

Also... Milky Way wishes isn't covering all the kirby games (at least the adventure games)

And finally, I did send zircon a message about this, although he hasn't replied yet.

As I said, I didn't take the idea. I had this idea far before Milky Way wishes was created. However, I think we can all agree that I had bad timing.

But I have to say, every f***ing thing I say, you have to find something offensive or otherwise bad aboutit even though you know perfectly well what I mean.

Even my remixes are rarely given constructive criticism, all I get is, "Man, this is complete s***, go f*** your momma, a**hole"

I'm tired of all this. Okay. If I'm going to be here, I'd like to be treated fairly like how you treat everyone else. And before anyone else gets some smart idea, I vote for the lock of this topic.

Goddamnit, you had to ruin everything again, Linkjing.

As I said, I didn't take the idea. I had this idea far before Milky Way wishes was created. However, I think we can all agree that I had bad timing.

Okay, let's call it a 'shared idea'. Nothing changes. Giving you a hard time comes from a gaping lack of foresight.

I'm going to outline a few reasons why what you did is frowned upon:

- the number of 'projects,' whether they be OCRemix's or personal attempts at realizing an idea, is annoyingly large right now. If you start up a project, it better damn-well be something wanted or fresh. Don't pull the 'it's a 100% personal thing' card, because if you try and support it via OCRemix, and it's accepted as such, it is an OCRemix project

- you made it for a series that's not only had two projects, let alone one of those very ones having 'shared ideas' to your own idea... said project is very close to being realized

- a respected member of this community heads up said project

- you have a terrible history with lack of foresight, making you a target for personal amusement and taking it easy might be the best idea right now

For the record, I had things to say long before Linkjing posted anything. He's pretty much right though.

You, FW, Electronic Samurai, Bean and Specter... and that stupid dog in your sig...

So you're saying I ruined I, Mario? I killed the project? Heve you even checked I, Mario recently? No, of course you haven't. You haven't been there since September 6th 2006. Where have you been?

I have a plan and you know it. You may not know what it is, but I've been experimenting.

Please be smart about it. Your reputation's getting stale.

I'm not trying to be an ass either, but keep this up and I'm not sure if a guy like me will be able to spell it out why you gone done fucked up. Being firm but reasonable seems to be the only option here.

-Nick