=(

HoboKa

Definitely take advantage of the resources of this forum and the people who frequent it, there's a lot of talent here.

max97230, Prominy LPC is probably the most complex electric guitar sample library and one of the most expensive. Paired with a quality amp sim, it's actually quite impressive.

Of all their demos, this is what sold me:

http://www.prominy.com/demo/LPC/Just_A_Wish.mp3

All of the guitars on that demo are their product.

EWQL, on the other hand, has released a broader product that has some fairly decent if not a bit overly-focused electric guitars (rock guitars) called Ministry of Rock.

If you want good-sounding guitars, your best bet is to find a real guitarrist.

As far as getting samples to sound good, fake guitars depend far more on your ability to sequence and process them than on the quality of samples. Get a good amp sim and take the time to put together all the intricate dynamics (bends, slides, the occasional extraneous noise from the frets/fingers/whatever) associated with live guitar, and even a mediocre sample can sound decent if you know what you're doing. But without the right dynamics, even the best samples in the world will sound like shit.

Honestly, getting it done on a real guitar would probably be easier.

If you want good-sounding guitars, your best bet is to find a real guitarrist.

As far as getting samples to sound good, fake guitars depend far more on your ability to sequence and process them than on the quality of samples. Get a good amp sim and take the time to put together all the intricate dynamics (bends, slides, the occasional extraneous noise from the frets/fingers/whatever) associated with live guitar, and even a mediocre sample can sound decent if you know what you're doing. But without the right dynamics, even the best samples in the world will sound like shit.

Hardly any experience with real instruments except for piano and the trumpet =/ so I'd better figure out how to get those mediocre sounding guitar samples first before I can process and sequence them...whatever that means. Lol, got lot's to learn still.

Hardly any experience with real instruments except for piano and the trumpet =/ so I'd better figure out how to get those mediocre sounding guitar samples first before I can process and sequence them...whatever that means. Lol, got lot's to learn still.

Definitely no problem with learning, though my point was more that there are plenty of guitarrists who might be willing to work with you if the arrangement is good. live.xerol.org is a good resource for this.

True dat. This topic comes up every couple of months, and every couple of months we say the same thing: it will take you longer to tweak every virtual parameter on a guitar VST than it will to actually learn to play guitar and do it right.

Maybe this should be stickied.

-steve

True dat. This topic comes up every couple of months, and every couple of months we say the same thing: it will take you longer to tweak every virtual parameter on a guitar VST than it will to actually learn to play guitar and do it right.

Maybe this should be stickied.

-steve

heh, I have little interest in playing real instruments, so I'll go for the learning, mooching off of people with skillz and whatnot. I know how to process pianos and drums to make them not dry and cheezy sounding. So I'm sure that I can figure out guitars after cracking at it a couple hundred times lol.